Current Opportunities and Future Prospects of Carbon Markets in Agriculture and the Environment
- Dow touches 2023 peak as investors eye end of robust November
- JPMorgan sees 8% downside risk for S&P 500 next year
- Salesforce shares jump premarket after cloud software firm lifts annual guidance
- Fed's preferred inflation gauge slows to 3.0% annually in October
- Stocks edge lower as dollar, Treasury yields rise with rates in focus
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) July 05, 2022
In the 2022 AAEA Annual Meeting session "Current Opportunities and Future Prospects of Carbon Markets in Agriculture and the Environment" authors discuss carbon storage in agricultural and natural systems is a topic of increasing interest with respect to strategies to mitigate the risks of global climate change. However, factors contributing to a well-functioning carbon market as well as the full potential of agricultural and natural systems to store carbon are not yet fully understood. This session will cover various aspects of carbon markets as they relate to agriculture and the environment. Topics covered will include demand- and supply-side challenges to the development of agricultural carbon markets, temporal considerations of carbon storage in natural systems as they relate to the social cost of carbon, and prediction of spatial distributions of agricultural lands suitable to carbon storage in the U.S.
Presentations in this session:
- Where will the U.S. farm carbon?
- Present and future of U.S. agricultural carbon markets
- The Time Value of Carbon Storage
Presented by: Brent Sohngen
This session will take place on August 2, 2022 at 2:45 pm 4:15 pm Pacific in the room Grand Ballroom J at the Marriott Anaheim and virtual.
If you are interested in attending the 2022 AAEA Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA, please send a completed complimentary media registration to Allison Ware in the AAEA Business Office. You can also learn more on our Annual Meeting Media Kit page. All registrants will have full access to all session's virtual component.
ABOUT AAEA: Established in 1910, the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) is the leading professional association for agricultural and applied economists, with 2,500 members in more than 60 countries. Members of the AAEA work in academic or government institutions as well as in industry and not-for-profit organizations, and engage in a variety of research, teaching, and outreach activities in the areas of agriculture, the environment, food, health, and international development. The AAEA publishes three journals, the Journal of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association (an open access journal), the American Journal of Agricultural Economics and Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, as well as the online magazine Choices and the online open access publication series Applied Economics Teaching Resources. To learn more, visit http://www.aaea.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hormel Foods Earns Perfect Score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2023-24 Corporate Equality Index
- CHANGE IN THE SCHEDULE OF PARTIAL BUY-BACK OF PRFOODS SECURED NOTES
- BEK TV Welcomes 'The Ramsey Show' to Weekday Lineup
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPress Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!