You could own a 'Fast Five' Grand Sport, 'Green Hornet' Black Beauty and more
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- AT&T (T) in Talks to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) - WSJ
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
Volo Auto Museum sets no-reserve eBay auction for April 14-21
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
VOLO, Ill., March 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Collectors of rare, screen-used cars are about to enjoy the chance of a lifetime.
Volo Auto Museum is offering during an April 14-21 no-reserve eBay auction a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport replica used by Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in "Fast 5"; a screen-used '66 Ferrari GTB replica built for "Ford v Ferrari"; a '65 Econoline van also built for "Ford v Ferrari"; a 1966 Chrysler Imperial used in the 2011 remake of "The Green Hornet"; and more.
There's also a Sony promotional "Ghostbusters" hearse from the 2016 film; a 1958 Chevy Nomad used throughout the 2020 thriller "Let Him Go," featuring Kevin Costner and Diane Lane; and a screen-used 1973 Ferrari Daytona from an upcoming Bradley Cooper film, "Soggy Bottom," as well as from the TV series "9-1-1."
"Any of these cars is a fantastic find and a tremendous investment," said Brian Grams, director of the museum in northeastern Illinois. "We need to make room for new exhibits, and recoup some of the cost of the spectacular interactive spaces we have been building during the pandemic shutdown."
As is always the case at the Volo Auto Museum, the rarities don't stop with film-famous cars. This auction will feature fully functional 1950s kiddie rides, too.
Looking to outshine the neighbor's golf cart? With its art-deco styling and flounce-edged bimini top, you may want to bid on the 1957 Walker Executive. A Disney trolley, a 1918 and 1926 Model T and even a 1937 Pierce Arrow camper all will be auctioned, with no buyers' premiums and no reserve, Grams said.
"Winning bidders will walk away with some remarkable treasures," Grams said. "The yellow 'Ford v Ferrari' sports car, for example, was built to replicate an actual racer from the infamous 1966 LeMans — a car that's worth $40 million today."
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/you-could-own-a-fast-five-grand-sport-green-hornet-black-beauty-and-more-301248766.html
SOURCE Volo Auto Museum
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Innovent Will Publish Multiple Clinical Data at the 2021 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting
- Arqit announces BT contract and plan to create 2000 jobs
- Goertek Announces Rox Earbud Reference Design with Support for Qualcomm Snapdragon Sound technology
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesChrysler LLC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!