Wisconsin Teamsters Endorse Alex Lasry For Senate
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MILWAUKEE, May 6, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Teamsters Joint Council 39 announced its endorsement of Alex Lasry for Senate. The endorsement, which is the first labor endorsement for any candidate in the 2022 Wisconsin Senate race, was announced during a press conference this morning at Teamsters Local Union 200 in Milwaukee, Wisc.
"Alex Lasry is a candidate that working families in Wisconsin can count on to champion their issues in the Senate," said Joint Council 39 Political Coordinator Bill Carroll. "He has a long history of supporting organized labor and providing opportunities for marginalized workers. His efforts to provide union jobs as part of the Fiserv Forum construction is a prime example of his record of putting his support of organized labor into action."
Lasry has also been a vocal supporter of the PRO Act, a piece of legislation that would level the playing field for workers who want to join a union. Lasry stated that "if you're pro-worker, you're pro, PRO Act."
"I couldn't be more grateful to have the support of Teamsters Joint Council 39. I've said since day one that I will put Wisconsin's working people at the center of my campaign and it's an honor to have the backing of organized labor as we continue on this journey," Lasry said. "Receiving the first union endorsement of this race is an important step towards building the momentum needed to flip this Senate seat and start delivering real results for Wisconsinites."
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Teamsters Joint Council 39 represents more than 18,000 workers at four locals across Wisconsin. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters.
Contact:Bill Carroll, (414) email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wisconsin-teamsters-endorse-alex-lasry-for-senate-301286059.html
SOURCE Teamsters Joint Council 39
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China "618 Shopping Festival" E-Commerce Platforms Sales Report By Syntun: The GMV of 578.5 Billion Yuan
- Car Gear & Tire Prime Day Deals 2021: Top Early Air Compressor, Car Seat, Car Audio & More Savings Compiled by Deal Stripe
- iPhone Prime Day Deals (2021): Top Early 12, 12 Pro, SE, 11, XR & More Apple iPhone Sales Identified by Save Bubble
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!