Wegmans Notifies Customers of Database Configuration Issue
- S&P 500 ends off day's lows; Powell says Fed still a ways away from rate hikes
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q2 EPS by 59c, DAUs were 1.91 billion on average
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Guidance Misses
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Crushes Q2 Expectations to Send Shares Higher as Search and YouTube Excel, Attracts a New Street-High Price Target
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4 percent
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ROCHESTER, N.Y., June 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Wegmans Food Markets recently notified customers that two databases used for Wegmans internal business purposes were inadvertently left open to potential outside access due to a configuration issue. The issue has since been resolved and all affected information has been secured.
What information was potentially affected?Customer names, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, Shoppers Club numbers, e-mail addresses and passwords for access to Wegmans.com accounts were included in these databases. However, all impacted Wegmans.com account passwords were, in technical terms, "hashed" and "salted," meaning that the actual password characters were not contained in the databases.
Social security numbers were not impacted (Wegmans does not collect this information from its customers) nor was any payment card or banking information involved.
When did this happen?Wegmans first learned of the problem on or around April 19, 2021. The configuration issue began in 2018.
What is Wegmans doing about this issue?Wegmans worked diligently with a leading forensics firm to investigate and determine the incident's scope, identify the information in the two databases, ensure the integrity and security of the systems, and correct the issue. Wegmans also notified any customers who may have been affected by this issue. Customers with questions can call 1-855-535-1851, Monday through Friday, from 9am-9pm ET, except holidays.
Wegmans Food Markets, Inc. is a 106-store supermarket chain with stores in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, Massachusetts and North Carolina. The family company, recognized as an industry leader and innovator, celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016. Wegmans has been named one of the '100 Best Companies to Work For' by FORTUNE magazine for 23 consecutive years, ranking #4 in 2021.
Contact Information: Deana Percassi, director of public relations, 585-429-3627, email@example.com
SOURCE Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- International Media Acquisition Corp. Announces Pricing of $200 Million Initial Public Offering on NASDAQ
- Tech Alert: Navigating Driver Privacy and Safety of Electric Vehicles, Self-Driving Vehicles
- Transcenta Announces Orphan Drug Designation Granted to TST001 for Treatment of Gastric and Gastroesophageal Junction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!