Waters Takes Targeted, Quantitative Imaging to the Next Level with New DESI Source for the Xevo TQ Absolute System
- Wall St muted at open as markets brace for inflation data, Fed meeting
- Cigna rallies 12% after ending Humana deal talks, approving new $10B buyback
- Macy's (M) stock surges 20% on $5.8 billion buyout offer
- Citi goes against consensus ahead of 'pivotal' Fed meeting
- Stocks and bonds subdued as rate cut hopes face pivotal week
- Waters combines the enhanced desorption electrospray ionization (DESI) source with the Xevo TQ Absolute tandem quadrupole mass spectrometer to enable faster and more sensitive targeted pre-clinical MS imaging experiments.
- 5X more sensitive and 5X faster than discovery-grade quadrupole time-of-flight MS imaging assays.i
- Enables pharmaceutical development scientists to decide which drug candidates to investigate further and develop into marketable drugs as quickly as possible.
"Customers have successfully applied the Xevo TQ Absolute system to solve a host of problems including PFAS testing at parts-per-quadrillion levels," said
"The DESI XS source features a high-performance sprayer and that makes the DESI source robust so we can work much more efficiently," said
Applications for direct-from-sample DESI/tandem quadrupole mass spectrometry include:
- Elucidating drug distribution in tissue sectionsii
- Monitoring relevant biochemical pathways in toxicological studies
- Classifying tissue and determining tumor margins
At this year's ASMS conference, Waters is also showcasing its PFAS analytical workflow based on the ultra-sensitive Xevo TQ Absolute mass spectrometer, chemistries, and software. The end-to-end UPLC-MS workflow allows laboratories worldwide to upgrade their capability and keep current with the latest regulatory requirements for measuring parts-per-quadrillion levels of PFAS in air, water, soil, and food.
- Learn more about Targeted MS Imaging with the DESI XS and the Xevo TQ Absolute system.
- Download the DESI XS and Xevo TQ Absolute system brochure.
- Read the application note Improved Sensitivity for the Detection of PFAS in Environmental Water Samples Using a Direct Injection Approach on the Xevo TQ Absolute.
- Follow and connect with Waters via LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), a global leader in analytical instruments and software, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for over 60 years. With more than 8,200 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 14 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters and Xevo are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
PR Manager, Corporate Communications
i Comparison to Waters high resolution MALDI or DESI-enabled discovery quadrupole time-of-flight MS imaging systems.
iiTargeted Desorption Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry Imaging for Drug Distribution, Toxicity, and Tissue Classification Studies doi: 10.3390/metabo13030377
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/waters-takes-targeted-quantitative-imaging-to-the-next-level-with-new-desi-source-for-the-xevo-tq-absolute-system-301841932.html
SOURCE Waters Corporation
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Original PeachSkinSheets® Celebrates the Holidays in Style with PeachyMink™ x PeachSkinSheets Luxury Robes Star Studded Launch
- Newark School of Fashion & Design High School Students Collaborate to Design Custom Cleats for the New York Jets' Garret Wilson
- ConcertAI to Acquire CancerLinQ to Build the Leading Healthcare Learning and Research Network in Oncology
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!