Unum ranks in the top 100 of Forbes Best Employers for Diversity 2021 List
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., April 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- For the second year in a row, employee benefits provider Unum (NYSE: UNM), has earned a spot on this year's Forbes America's Best Employers for Diversity list. Unum ranks 73 out of 500 companies, jumping 88 spots from last year.
In the insurance category, Unum is in the top 10, at #8. Last year it was #14.
"Through the challenges of 2020, Unum continued working hard to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes everyone and encourages employees to appreciate and value differences," said Ericka DeBruce, Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer. "This recognition demonstrates our strong foundation, and dedication to taking inclusion and diversity at Unum to the next level."
An appreciation for differences is the foundation of Unum's culture. Last year Unum's Office of Inclusion and Diversity created a Multicultural Leadership Development Program to assist employees of color advance to higher levels of leadership. In July, Unum launched a Social Justice Fund to create stronger, more equitable communities by supporting organizations working to end racism, discrimination and bias.
The Best Employers for Diversity is presented by Forbes and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider. The list is selected based on Statista's methodology, guaranteeing unbiased results, and providing reliable insights.
Over 50,000 U.S. employees were surveyed in companies with a minimum of 1,000 employees. The evaluation was based on four different criteria:
- Direct recommendations: Employees were asked to give their opinions on a series of statements regarding Age, Gender, Ethnicity, Disability, LGBTQA+ & General Diversity in their current workplace. The recommendations of women, elders, and ethnic minorities were weighted higher than the non-minority groups.
- Indirect Recommendations: Participants were also given the chance to evaluate other employers in their respective industries that stand out either positively or negatively with regard to diversity. Only the recommendations of minority groups were considered.
- Diversity Among Top Executives/Board and Diversity Engagement Indicators were also part of the evaluation.
To learn more about Unum's culture and commitment to inclusion and diversity, visit: https://careers.unum.com/global/en/our-culture
ABOUT UNUM GROUP Unum Group (www.unum.com) provides a broad portfolio of financial protection benefits and services through the workplace and is a leading provider of disability income protection worldwide. Through its Unum US, Unum UK, Unum Poland, and Colonial Life businesses, the company provides disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental and vision benefits that protect millions of working people and their families. Unum also provides leave and absence management services that streamline the leave experience for employers and employees and stop-loss coverage to help self-insured employers protect against medical costs. Unum reported revenues of $13.2 billion in 2020 and provided $7.6 billion in benefits.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/unum-ranks-in-the-top-100-of-forbes-best-employers-for-diversity-2021-list-301275241.html
SOURCE Unum Group
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Disrupt-X in Partnership With Intel IoT Alliance Launch Ignite Shield - World's First Water and Air Quality Monitoring IoT Platform
- NASA Administrator Statement on Chinese Rocket Debris
- Mother's Day: Xi Inspired by His Mother in Shaping Outlook on Life, Governance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!