USW, Mississippi Polymers Reach Return to Work Agreement, Extend Contract
- Wall St ends higher as Fed signals bond-buying taper soon
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4; Fed maintains Treasury, MBS purchases but says moderation in pace may 'soon be warranted'
- Toast (TOST) IPO Opens Up 63%, Pushing Valuation to Nearly $33B
- Facebook (FB) Shares Hit After Warning on Impact of Apple's (AAPL) Privacy Changes
- Adobe (ADBE) Tops Q3 Estimates, After-Hours Move Lower in Shares Creates a Buying Opportunity Says Analyst
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
CORINTH, Miss., June 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Steelworkers union (USW) and Mississippi Polymers today announced that they reached an agreement to extend their current contract, which expired June 5.
As part of the deal, more than 100 members of USW Local 759L will return to work Monday, June 14.
The agreement came after the union and the company spent two days meeting with a federal mediator.
USW District 9 Director Daniel Flippo called the contract extension an important step forward.
"Our members remain strong and committed to reaching a fair deal," said Flippo. "They're glad to be going back to work as we continue bargaining a new labor agreement that reflects their commitment and contributions to the company's success."
The USW represents 850,000 workers employed in metals, mining, pulp and paper, rubber, chemicals, glass, auto supply and the energy-producing industries, along with a growing number of workers in health care, public sector, higher education, tech and service occupations.
Contact: Jess Kamm Broomell, 412-562-2444, firstname.lastname@example.org
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/usw-mississippi-polymers-reach-return-to-work-agreement-extend-contract-301311248.html
SOURCE United Steelworkers (USW)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- VaxEquity Announces Strategic Collaboration with AstraZeneca to Commercialise Self-Amplifying RNA Platform
- Lufax Releases First ESG Report Highlighting Commitment to Inclusive Finance
- 2021 guidance adjusted to reflect major revision by IHS Markit of worldwide automotive production forecast for H2 2021
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!