URLLC will be Hot, Despite a Momentary Freeze
- Wall St opens higher on earnings boost; supply chain worries linger
- Netflix (NFLX) Beats Estimates but Shares Slip on Conservative 4Q Net Adds Outlook, Analysts Mostly Positive and Raise Price Targets; Deutsche Bank Downgrades to Hold
- United Airline (UAL) Stock Gains on Smaller-Than-Expected 3Q Loss, Analysts Expect Stronger Recovery in 4Q and 2022
- Micron (MU) Commits to Spend $150 Billion on Memory and R&D Over the Next Decade, Will Build a $7 Billion Plant in Japan and Considers Building a New US Memory Factory
- 63% Investors Say SpaceX Could Become More Valuable Than Tesla (TSLA) and Represents More Attractive Investment - Morgan Stanley's Survey
$8 Billion in expected URLLC revenue for operators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
CAMPBELL, Calif., Oct. 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Hot off the press: Mobile Experts has just released their 2021 forecast for URLLC, and despite a delay due to the protocol freeze, the long-term outlook is warm for 5G URLLC connectivity.
Mobile Experts was expecting to see public development of early URLLC modules by this point in time, but the R&D remains in the lab as the standards are still uncertain and chipset tapeout has been delayed. But according to the new report, investment in Private 5G networks in the manufacturing and industrial environment is continuing, and some early ideas for factory automation are starting to reach a testing phase despite clear standards.
"Gaming, drones, utilities, manufacturing, and other industrial areas should drive device shipments into the range of 13 million units in 2031, with $8 billion of connectivity service revenue for operators," commented Chief Analyst Joe Madden. "The market is taking off from zero today, but after 2025 we foresee rapidly accelerating market growth as Edge Computing matures and networks become more automated and easier to use."
Mobile Experts defines 5G URLLC as a wireless network format using 3GPP-based 5G NR, with either a radio latency requirement below 5 milliseconds, or a reliability requirement of 99.99% or higher.
"The URLLC market is enterprise driven, not consumer driven, so the market will not move quickly. That said, the premium revenue in this segment will make URLLC interesting as guaranteed low latency or high reliability could lead to 100x or higher premium in module or service pricing," commented Chief Analyst Joe Madden.
This report includes 17 charts and diagrams illustrating a complete high-level view of Ultra Reliable, Low Latency Communications. The 30-page report investigates wireless applications, including Industrial, Healthcare, Automotive, Transportation, Oil & Gas, Mining, Drones, Medical, and Manufacturing. Subscribers receive the report, all extra resources, and access to the analysts behind the research.
For more about this report, click here.
About Mobile Experts Inc.: Mobile Experts provides insightful market analysis for the mobile infrastructure and mobile handset markets. Our analysts are true Experts, who remain focused on topics where each analyst has 25 years of experience or more. Research topics center on technology introduction for radio frequency (RF) and communications innovation. Recent publications include: URLLC, Macro Base Station Transceivers, Small Cells, VRAN, mmWave, and Private LTE.
SOURCE Mobile Experts
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tune In! Gabriel & Co. Goes Live on Instagram with Lyndon Smith
- Mosaic Completes $221 Million Solar Loan Securitization with Another Record-Setting Green Bond Offer
- Nationwide Direct Investor Doubles Down on Industrial Properties
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!