This Week in Sports News: 11 Stories You Need to See
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Alaska Airlines (ALK) to acquire Hawaiian Holdings (HA)
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
A roundup of the week's most newsworthy sports industry press releases from PR Newswire, including sports' effect on women's career success.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Deloitte: 85% of Women Surveyed Who Played Sports Say It's Important to Their Career Success
"The continued advancement of women in sports and business is essential to help create a more diverse, inclusive and equitable society," said
Jason Girzadas, chief executive officer, Deloitte US.
- Pepsi® Brings Miami Dolphins Legend Dan Marino Out of Retirement for Home Opener
In a historic move, Pepsi announced it is signing Miami Dolphins' Hall-of-Fame Quarterback
Dan Marinoto a one-day contract, marking his official return to gameday at the Dolphins' home opener against the Broncos on Sunday, Sept. 24.
- Major Arena Soccer League Receives Congressional Support to Allow Visas for Foreign Players
In 2019 the MASL had 76 players with active P1 Visas competing and contributing to the overall competitive caliber of the league, today there are only eight players with active P1 Visas. With this shift many talented individuals have had to return to their native countries, many after establishing themselves as esteemed members of their communities.
- 7-Eleven, Inc. Unveils Nine College Football Stars Joining This Season's Cleat Crew™
The athletes will team up with renowned bespoke luxury designer The Shoe Surgeon to put their mark on individual pairs of custom cleats that fans can win through weekly auctions that coincide with some of the most anticipated games of the season.
- Introducing the vívoactive 5 GPS smartwatch from Garmin
Featuring a broad range of health monitoring features, vívoactive 5 can help users learn about their body, coach them on how to live an active lifestyle and support their fitness goals. With up to 11 days of battery life in smartwatch mode, users don't have to worry about charging their watch every night and can therefore receive valuable around-the-clock health metrics.
- Roger Federer's Last Grand Slam Win Outfit Up for Sale in Historic Tennis Auction
The auction represents a rare opportunity for tennis enthusiasts and collectors worldwide to own an authenticated piece of sporting history from Federer's incredible career.
- Full Swing Joins Forces with Good Good Golf as Official Technology Partner
Good Good Golf's viewers can expect to see some wonderful new content that will be enhanced with Full Swing's technology and will continue to grow not only the traditional golf audience, but introducing it to a whole new generation.
- Hilinski's Hope Brings Student Athlete Mental Health Week to More Than 155+ Schools
During Student Athlete Mental Health Week, student athletes and athletic departments across the country will participate in breaking down stigma, offering quality resources, and letting student athletes know they are supported.
- Unscripted Comedy 'The Syd + TP Show,' Starring WNBA Athletes Premieres on Maximum Effort Channel
"It's not often you get to see elite athletes like Syd and TP step out of their comfort zones and share their talents in such a genuine way. The show is a testament to their dedication, drive, and hilarity. Fans are in for a real treat," shares TOGETHXR co-founder and WNBA icon
- Strava Launches Nike Run Club and Nike Training Club Integration
This integration allows athletes on Nike's leading fitness apps a seamless way to further track their workouts and connect with additional communities across platforms.
- Take Me Out to the Ball Park! A Kid Again Bringing Baseball to Kids with Life-Threatening Conditions
During the "Take Me Out to the Ball Park" Adventures, A Kid Again kids and their families watch the baseball game as a group, with food, activities and special moments planned especially for them.
Read more of the latest sports-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNsports on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-sports-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301935623.html
SOURCE PR Newswire
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stratolaunch Successfully Completes Captive Carry Flight with TA-1 Test Vehicle
- IDEAYA Announces Agenda for Investor R&D Day Webcast on December 4, 2023
- Masdar and EDF Sign Major Agreement with Government of the Kyrgyz Republic to Develop up to 3.6GW of Hydropower and Renewable Projects
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!