These Top 5 POC-Hosted Podcasts Honor Female Empowerment
- Wall St. opens flat as earnings roll in; jobless claims fall
- U.S. weekly jobless claims fall to new one-year low
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys Over 5M Shares of Skillz (SKLZ), Nearly 3M Shares of IPO UiPath (PATH)
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Tops Q1 Profit Views, Analysts Maintain Bullishness For 2021
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LOS ANGELES, March 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Never has there been a greater cry for content than this past year. Isolated from relationships, hobbies, and travel, people are eager for a sense of connection and community. Perhaps that's why the podcast industry continues to see such steady growth. There are more than 1,750,000 podcasts in the world and over 43 million episodes. According to podcasthosting.org, 49 percent of listeners are women while few shows have recognized the need for empowering content, diverse hosts, and female narratives. In honor of International Women's Day, Evoke Media rounded up some of the best female empowerment podcasts with at least one POC host.
01. Breaking Glasshttps://weareevokemedia.com/breaking-glass-podcast/Despite making up over half of the global population, women control less wealth, own less land, hold fewer public offices, and shoulder more domestic burdens. But in every corner of every country there are individuals with enough gumption to break the system and bend the rules. Co-hosts Sabrina Merage Naim and Kassia Binkowski have intimate conversations about complex global issues, elevating the stories of those glass breakers who are imagining a new narrative for women around the world.
02. Call Your Girlfriend - https://www.callyourgirlfriend.com/episodesCall Your Girlfriend is for long-distance besties everywhere. The show is co-hosted by Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman, who call each other every week to talk pop culture and politics. The podcast is "here for every facet of women's humanity."
03. Professional Troublemaker - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/professional-troublemaker/id1349454032Rants & Randomness covers all things pop culture relevant to our lives, through the lens of resident Side-Eye Sorceress, Luvvie Ajayi Jones. On the podcast, Luvvie talks about her most pressing rants, raves and faves from this topsy-turvy world.
04. Super Mamashttps://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/super-mam%C3%A1s/id1017545641Hosted by moms and sisters Paulina and Bricia Lopez. Super Mamas is a judgment-free space where new, expecting and experienced mothers can come together to learn from one another, be inspired by each other and bond over their similar upbringings and cultural background.
05. All My Relationshttps://www.allmyrelationspodcast.com/podcastHosted by Matika Wilbur (Swinomish and Tulalip) and Adrienne Keene (Cherokee Nation), together they explore their relationships— relationships to land, to creatural relatives, and to one another. Each episode invites guests to delve into a different topic facing Native American peoples today.
About Evoke MediaEvoke Media exists to elevate stories of our global humanity. We partner on media opportunities that create connection, catalyze conversation, and drive social impact. Evoke Media is a subsidiary of the Sabrina Merage Foundation, a private non-profit which supports organizations, initiatives, and individuals to spark inclusivity among diverse cultures.
SOURCE Evoke Media
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tata Elxsi delivers segment leading performance for FY21, with full year operating revenues growing by 13.4% and Profits after Tax growing by 43.7%
- Arbo Launches New Platform to Modernize Oil & Liquids Commerce
- Construction Season Hiring Boom Brings Opportunity for Job Seekers