Thermo Scientific Helios 5 PXL PFIB Wafer DualBeam Enables Inline Metrology of Advanced 3D Structures
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Fully automated system decreases time-to-data for through-stack metrology from days to hours
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
HILLSBORO, Ore., Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science, today launched the Thermo Scientific Helios 5 PXL PFIB Wafer DualBeam. The system, a plasma focused ion beam scanning electron microscope, reduces time-to-data from days to hours for inline through-stack metrology and verification of high-aspect ratio structures.
The Helios 5 PXL offers high-resolution, high-contrast imaging as well as fast, precise, large-area sample deprocessing, diagonal milling and cross sectioning of advanced 3D semiconductor devices, such as 3D NAND and advanced memory. The easy-to-use system supports whole wafer analysis and fully automates delayering, milling and metrology in the fab, reducing wafer scrap while accelerating yield learning.
"As layer counts increase, the manufacturing process for current and future high-aspect-ratio structures is becoming increasingly complex," said Glyn Davies, vice president and general manager of semiconductor at Thermo Fisher. "With this breakthrough system, already being used by a global leader in semiconductor manufacturing, high-volume fabrication customers will be able to measure thousands of metrology points at multiple positions in the 3D stack for high aspect ratio and buried structures."
The new Helios 5 PXL enables full inline metrology and process monitoring for advanced process control and excursion monitoring compliant with latest 300mm fab communication protocols and standards. Users can reliably measure and verify features of interest within complex vertical stacks and high-aspect ratio structures.
Other benefits of the Helios 5 PLX include:
- Nanometer-scale SEM imaging;
- High-volume, high-speed milling and cross sectioning;
- Optimized planar deprocessing for high sensitivity materials and surface quality preservation;
- Deprocessing of advanced metallization layers through proprietary chemistries;
- Precise, site-specific preparation of large-area lamellae with the optional Thermo Scientific EasyLift Nanomanipulator; and
- Full coverage of 300 wafer handling.
To learn more about the Helios 5 PXL, visit https://ter.li/Helios5PXL.
About Thermo Fisher ScientificThermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Media Contact Information:Kathy GillThermo Fisher Scientific+1 email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/thermo-scientific-helios-5-pxl-pfib-wafer-dualbeam-enables-inline-metrology-of-advanced-3d-structures-301228439.html
SOURCE Thermo Fisher Scientific
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Taiho Oncology Announces Presentation of Phase 2 Data for Futibatinib (TAS-120) in Advanced Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma at Virtual AACR Annual Meeting 2021
- CGTN: How are jailed extremists treated in Xinjiang?
- Blueprint Medicines Data Highlight Clinical Leadership in Systemic Mastocytosis at AACR Annual Meeting 2021
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!