Teamsters Local 264 Ratifies Contract With Niagara Falls Coach Lines
- Wall Street ends higher as investors bet on positive earnings season
- Netflix (NFLX) Q3, Q4 Subscriber Guidance Beats on 'Squid Game' Success
- Walmart (WMT) Added to Goldman's Conviction Buy List, Target (TGT) Removed
- SpaceX: If Elon Musk Were to Become the First Trillionaire, it Won't be Because of Tesla (TSLA)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Reports a Beat-and-Raise 3Q, Analyst Positive
New Agreement is Best Ever at Company
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y., Sept. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Over 100 school bus drivers and monitors at Niagara Falls Coach Lines have overwhelmingly ratified their latest collective bargaining agreement at the company. The workers provide student transportation for the Niagara Falls School District.
"School bus workers have demonstrated incredible heroism and dedication during the pandemic, and for that reason it is a great honor to ratify a contract that includes the largest raises this work group has ever seen," said Brian Dickman, Local 264 President. "By negotiating an agreement like this in the wake of COVID-19, these drivers and monitors are setting a precedent that can be followed throughout the country."
The four-year contract includes wage increases of at least 18 percent over the lifetime of the agreement. It also includes bonuses for longevity and attendance, more paid time off and a guarantee from the company that it will provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect workers against COVID-19. Shop Steward Terry Smith is a driver that served on the negotiating committee.
"We definitely did good," sad Smith. "I've been here over twelve years and this is the best contract I've ever been involved in. The raises we got, to me, were humungous. It's definitely a victory for the Teamsters and the drivers and monitors at this company."
Teamsters Local 264 represents a wide variety of workers throughout Buffalo, N.Y. and the surrounding communities. For more information, go to http://www.teamsters264.org/.
Contact:Matt McQuaid, (617) email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/teamsters-local-264-ratifies-contract-with-niagara-falls-coach-lines-301379105.html
SOURCE Teamsters Local 264
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- eHealth, Inc. to Announce Third Quarter 2021 Earnings Results on November 8 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time
- Carnival Corporation & plc Announces Upsizing and Pricing of $2.0 Billion Senior Unsecured Notes due 2029, Funding Upcoming Debt Maturities
- Scientology Volunteer Cleanup Honors the Spiritual Tradition of Japan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!