THE VIDEO WORLD IS GROWING FAST: THE LONGTAIL OF CTV EXPANDS ITS REACH
- Wall St mixed as traders assess economic data, megacaps rebound
- U.S. job openings fall to 8.733 million in October - JOLTS report
- Hedge Funds were big sellers of Big Tech stocks last week - Morgan Stanley
- CVS Health adds 2% as 2024 revenue outlook tops estimates
- Tesla's global EV share fell to 13% in October from 17% in September - analyst
FAST and Targeted Programming Consumption Accelerates, According to Comscore's 2023 State of Streaming Report
The 2023 State of Streaming report examines the current state of streaming adoption, growth trends and services, to help brands and advertisers improve their reach and targeting.
While there is growth across the board, what is significant is that 75% of new hours were captured by providers beyond the top six apps - Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, HBO Max/MAX and Disney+ - as FAST and Targeted Programming consumption accelerates.
"While the top US streaming services are keeping up with the demand for subscriptions, new growth can be observed in FAST streaming platforms like Roku, Pluto and Tubi which are increasingly consolidating their position in the household mix," said
According to the analysis, the streaming audience size also continues to grow, up to 73% (YoY) from 69% in 2022.
Additional findings include:
- Digital video is accelerating its growth: Hours watched on connected devices have risen 20% year-over-year with 81% of WiFi households now streaming on CTV.
- US households are adopting ad-supported streaming services at a faster rate: CTV households streaming ad-supported streaming services reached 83.7M, a 17% increase (from 2021-2023), while households streaming non-ad-supported services reached 81.1M, a 9% increase.
- Consumption of Targeted programming on FAST/Advertising-based Video on Demand services is accelerating: Hispanic households consume nearly twice as many hours of FAST content, increasing 81% year-on-year.
- Linear programming is evolving within the digital landscape: On the measure of content performance, 3 linear streaming providers are included in the Top 10 video services (MVPD streaming) on hours viewed per HH.
- Cord Cutters have eclipsed traditional TV subscribers: As of
May 2023, 60% of CTV households are now cordless, compared to just 37% in May 2019.
- Smart TVs are the dominant force for CTV streaming: Total households that stream content via Smart TVs increased 23% from
May 2021, followed by gaming consoles at 18%.
Comscore's State of Streaming includes trends from 2019 to 2023 across its Comscore CTV Intelligence™, Comscore Connected Home™, Comscore Video Metrix Multi-Platform, Shareablee US PowerRankings, Shareablee Social Dynamics and Shareablee Metrics & Trends solutions.
The 2023 State of Streaming findings will be presented during a live webinar at
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global, trusted partner for planning, transacting, and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore empowers media buyers and sellers to quantify their multi screen behavior and make meaningful business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and TV audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement.
KCSA Strategic Communications for Comscore, Inc.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-video-world-is-growing-fast-the-longtail-of-ctv-expands-its-reach-301912510.html
SOURCE Comscore, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MilliporeSigma Launches First Ever AI Solution to Integrate Drug Discovery and Synthesis
- SEABOURN ANNOUNCES THE "SAIL OF THE YEAR" EVENT WITH SAVINGS UP TO 25 PERCENT AND UP TO $1,000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT ON ULTRA-LUXURY VOYAGES
- FeelTect receive top prize at Lohmann & Rauscher (L&R) Accelerator Program for Tight Alright compression monitoring system
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!