TGI Fridays® CEO Resigns to Join the Circus
- World stocks edge back, bond yields, COVID-19 cases rise
- Canadian National (CNI) Plans to Make $30B Topping Bid for Kansas City Southern (KSU) - DJ
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Oil hits $68 on Libya force majeure despite pandemic surge
Ray Blanchette Fulfills Childhood Dream of Becoming a High-Wire Artist
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
DALLAS, April 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- TGI Fridays®, the iconic restaurant brand known as the authority on bringing good times, good food, and pursuing one's hopes and dreams, today announced Ray Blanchette will be stepping down as CEO. Effective immediately, Blanchette will transition to executive chairman of TGI Fridays' board and stay engaged on the only initiative he cares about, Under the Big Top. Fridays recently launched Under the Big Top by expanding outdoor dining into its parking lots so friends and families can safely gather to enjoy over-the-top menu items like Famous Whiskey-Glazed Skewers, Giant Churro Twists, and a Cotton Candy Cosmo, as well as family-fun activities. Blanchette will be leaving to join the circus as a high-wire artist; his successor has not been named.
"The art of tightrope walking has been a fueling passion of mine for years. I always wanted to run away to join the circus as a young child, but the norm was joining the corporate world, and I left those dreams behind," said former CEO Ray Blanchette. "I'm extremely proud of the work my team has accomplished during my time at TGI Fridays, but now it's time for me to move onto new heights."
"We knew that Ray had a not-so-secret appreciation for tightrope walking but once we launched Under the Big Top, it became clear as we prepared our over-the-top menu and decorations that something had changed with Ray," said Sara Bittorf, Chief Experience Officer at TGI Fridays. "We weren't expecting his departure considering he joined Fridays only three short years ago, but we wish him the best of luck on his future maneuvers."
Blanchette joined TGI Fridays as the CEO in 2018. In previous years, he was the CEO of Ruby Tuesday, which was acquired by NRD Capital, a private-equity firm. He was also the CEO of Au Bon Pain, the fast-casual chain, and the CEO of Ignite Restaurant Group, the parent company of Joe's Crab Shack and Brickhouse Tavern + Tap.
To see where Blanchette winds up next, follow him on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ray-blanchette-93208a9/
Of course, only the most observant will notice that April 1 is also April Fools' Day. While this is just a prank, TGI Fridays respects the profession of high-wire artists and firmly believe everyone should follow their dreams.
About TGI FridaysIn 1965, TGI Fridays opened its first location in New York City. More than 50 years later, Fridays comprises more than 850 restaurants in 55 countries offering high-quality, authentic American food and legendary drinks backed by genuine service. From celebration cocktails to signature menu items, TGI Fridays is the authority on bringing good food and good times. Visit www.Fridays.com for more information and download our mobile app. Join Fridays Rewards® and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tgi-fridays-ceo-resigns-to-join-the-circus-301260213.html
SOURCE TGI Fridays
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals Presents Phase 3 Study Results of Xywav™ (calcium, magnesium, potassium, and sodium oxybates) Oral Solution in Adult Patients with Idiopathic Hypersomnia at 2021 American Academ
- MNA Nurses and Community Members to Speak Out about the For-Profit Takeover of Providence Behavioral Health Hospital During April 22 Event in Holyoke
- Mirimus, Inc. Partners with St. John's Athletics to Enable COVID-19 Surveillance Testing of Student Athletes Using Pioneering SalivaClear Pooled Testing Platform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!