Swigart Law Group: Sneaker Reseller StockX Prepares To Go Public Despite Massive 2019 Data Breach Litigation Still Looming
- S&P 500 flat as telecom weakness offsets strong retail earnings
- Walmart (WMT) Gains After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Bulled Up on 'Strong Q1 Results'
- Home Depot (HD) Leaps After Topping Q1 Estimates, Analyst Positive
- Tesla (TSLA) Stuck as It Can't Deliver 10,000+ Cars From Its Fremont Factory Amid Supply Chain Issues - Report
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Now Almost Out of Wells Fargo (WFC), Invests Further into Verizon (VZ) and Kroger (KR), More Selling than Buying Says Analyst
Multiple class action cases surrounding StockX's massive data breach in 2019 were compelled to arbitration forcing the 6.8 million users impacted to file individual claims.
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SAN DIEGO, April 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Last year, a Michigan judge granted a motion to compel arbitration for a class action lawsuit against StockX surrounding the data breach forcing Plaintiffs and class members impacted by data breach to bring individual claims in an arbitration tribunal.
Swigart Law Group, APC represents over 1,000 clients who were impacted by StockX's data breach which allegedly exposed users' personal information and resulted in user's data being listed and sold multiple times in underground forums on the dark web.
Joshua Swigart, of Swigart Law Group, APC stated, "The sheer volume of consumer data being collected, used, stored, and sold is growing exponentially causing consumers to be at a greater risk of having their personal information compromised by cyber criminals or a data breach and StockX's data breach is a result of large companies failing to protect users confidential and personal information. We currently represent over 1,000 affected consumers who were victims of StockX's data breach, but it is likely that number will grow to over 10,000 based on the millions affected throughout the country."
This year, StockX has strategically gained more funding and press in preparation for a rumored initial public offering boasting its growth rate, unit economics and their geographic and product expansion but Swigart Law Group, APC is adamant on continuing to aggressively represent the current clients and individuals who are forced to file individual claims outside of the State and Federal court system.
About Swigart Law Group, APC
Swigart Law Group, APC is a consumer protection and privacy law firm that helps people who have been injured by online companies, banks, employers, drug and medical companies, or large companies. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver a seamless customer experience and competent representation for consumers nationwide.
Media Contact: Joshua B. Swigart, P: 866-219-3343, D: 619-728-6348, F: 866-219-8344, email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/swigart-law-group-sneaker-reseller-stockx-prepares-to-go-public-despite-massive-2019-data-breach-litigation-still-looming-301275547.html
SOURCE Swigart Law Group, APC
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Impresiv Health and Innovaccer Partner to Build the Future of Health
- Greenstein & Milbauer, LLP Files Lawsuit Against Sheltering Arms Children And Family Services f/k/a Speedwell Services for Children, City Of New York And New York City Administration For Children
- TRAVOIS WEEKENDER
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!