Stars Celebrate Random Acts of Kindess Day With Project Angel Food and the Everest Foundation
- S&P 500 dips off record high, Dow rises on bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Bernie Madoff, disgraced Ponzi schemer, dies at 82
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Q1 EPS Nearly Doubles Wall Street's View as Investment Banking Excels Amid SPAC and IPO Frenzy
Event highlights Everest Foundation's new Telephone Angels Program supporting the critically ill in Los Angeles
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 15, 2021 /PRNewswire/ --
To celebrate National Random Acts of Kindness Day, celebrities will join Project Angel Food and The Everest Foundation to commemorate the launch of The Everest Foundation's Telephone Angels program. Celebrities will support the initiative with personal phone calls to critically ill clients as a way to mitigate the intense loneliness brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. Clients are participants in Project Angel Food's The Everest Foundation Telephone Angels program.
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
9:00 a.m. to 9:45a.m. PT
Project Angel Food
922 Vine Street
Hollywood, CA 90038
• Richard Ayoub, Executive Director, Project Angel Food • Dr. Michael Everest, Chairman The Everest Foundation • Eileen Davidson, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Young and the Restless • Juan Pablo Di Pace, Dashing in December, Dancing with the Stars • Kim Coles, Comic , Living Single
Dr. Michael Everest, Chairman of The Everest Foundation, labeling meals for Project Angel Food clients. Celebrities on a large screen monitor calling Project Angel Food clients.
"Volunteers can spend 10 minutes on a cheer up call with a client. Sometimes you just need someone to listen. This is why the Everest Foundation Telephone Angels Program is so important," said Richard Ayoub.
PROJECT ANGEL FOOD/TELEPHONE ANGELS
Project Angel Food provides medically tailored meals to 2,500 people per day living with life-threatening illnesses such as HIV/AIDS, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. Deemed an essential service by the Mayor's office, Project Angel Food delivers meals to clients throughout 4,000+ square miles of Los Angeles County. The Telephone Angels program pairs volunteers with Project Angel Food clients who identify as feeling isolated and alone. Volunteers connect with those clients for weekly or twice-weekly social check-ins offering camaraderie and friendship. Since the pilot program launched, 90 percent of the people participating have said their mood has improved because of the calls.
THE EVEREST FOUNDATION
The Everest Foundation is a global non-profit 501(c) (3) organization, based in Los Angeles that provides opportunities for advancement and innovation in medical education and research. The Foundation optimizes medical residency programs through funding for specific initiatives, along with funding for medical research training that addresses the holistic needs of communities, programs, trainees, physicians, and scientists.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/stars-celebrate-random-acts-of-kindess-day-with-project-angel-food-and-the-everest-foundation-301228219.html
SOURCE The Everest Foundation
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Emergency Nurses Association Debuts Firearms Injury Prevention Education Program
- HP PC Portfolio Awarded 32 Red Dot Recognitions for High Design Quality
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Security Device for Interior Doors (ALL-2588)