Southern Company earns top 20 national ranking of Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, rising six spots from last year and marking six consecutive years of recognition
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Southern Company is the highest-ranking investor owned utility on this year's list
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ATLANTA, May 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Southern Company has been named among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, ranking number 20 on its 2021 list - up six spots from last year.
This is the sixth consecutive year Southern Company has been recognized as a Top 50 Company for Diversity, and for its efforts to hire, retain and promote women, minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ and veterans.
"Southern Company is a leader in the energy industry because of its people," said Sloane Drake, Southern Company senior vice-president of Human Resources. "We strive to enhance the company's culture by acknowledging and embracing the various backgrounds and experiences our employees bring to the company."
In addition to its overall ranking, Southern Company was recognized on six other specialty lists
- No. 3 - Top Company for Black Executives
- No. 3 - Top Company for Board of Directors, moving up 2 spots from No.5 last year
- No. 4 - Top Company for Veterans
- No. 12 - Top Company for Supplier Diversity
- No. 25 - Top Company for Employee Resource Groups
- Top Company for Environmental, Social and Governance
These rankings are based on 2021 company-submitted data in six key areas: 1) leadership accountability, 2) human capital diversity metrics, 3) talent programs, 4) workforce practices, 5) supplier diversity and 6) philanthropy.
Click here to view the entire Top 50 Companies for Diversity list.
About Southern CompanySouthern Company (NYSE: SO) is a leading energy company serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in three states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America, a leading distributed energy infrastructure company, a fiber optics network and telecommunications services. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices below the national average. For more than a century, we have been building the future of energy and developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, advanced carbon capture technologies, natural gas, renewables, energy efficiency and storage technology. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation and a low-carbon future, Southern Company and its subsidiaries develop the customized energy solutions our customers and communities require to drive growth and prosperity. Our uncompromising values ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and govern our business to the benefit of our world. Our corporate culture and hiring practices have been recognized nationally by the U.S. Department of Defense, G.I. Jobs magazine, DiversityInc, Black Enterprise, Forbes and the Women's Choice Award. To learn more, visit www.southerncompany.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/southern-company-earns-top-20-national-ranking-of-companies-for-diversity-by-diversityinc-rising-six-spots-from-last-year-and-marking-six-consecutive-years-of-recognition-301289859.html
SOURCE Southern Company
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Georgia Power offers tips and outage resources for customers ahead of potential severe weather, heavy rain expected over the weekend
- Bitgame Emerges as Sports Betting Platform of Choice During Euro 2020
- Philips Hue Prime Day Deals (2021): Early Smart Lights, Plug, Bulbs & More Deals Ranked by The Consumer Post
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!