Southern Careers Institute Announces Women in Tech Training Grant
The grant will support women interested in training for careers in the booming tech sector
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Southern Careers Institute (SCI) will offer a Women in Tech training grant to support women pursuing careers in the growing technology field. Despite the proliferation of tech jobs, women remain underrepresented, comprising just 25 percent of computer-science related jobs. Grants for up to $1,000 will be available to women training in software and web development, cybersecurity, data science, and mobile app development.
"The goal of this grant is to encourage women to train for careers in technology," said Nikki England, SCI president. "We want to provide them with financial support to ensure that they aren't left behind and feel confident in entering these high-paying, rapidly growing, career fields."
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, computer and information technology occupations are projected to grow 13 percent by 2030, faster than the average for all occupations. Some fields, like software development, are expected to grow by as much as 22 percent.
"At SCI, we are committed to ensuring that our programs are focused on industries with projected labor growth," England added.
The Women in Tech training grants are available to qualifying aspiring female programmers applying for technology programs at SCI. Candidates must complete an application and be committed to continuous enrollment. For more information on qualifications, and to apply, complete the "Request More Info" form found here.
About Southern Careers InstituteSouthern Careers Institute began serving Texas students in 1960. They offer a diverse list of programs that create employment-ready students who can go on to serve their community. With eight convenient locations in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio NW Loop 410, San Antonio SW Military Drive, and Waco, Southern Careers Institute offers programs in:
- Business: Administrative Assistant, Business Administration, Business Accounting Specialist
- Beauty: Cosmetology Operator
- Medical: Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Specialist, Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician
- Technology: Computer Support Specialist, Software Development, Data Science, Cyber Security, Mobile Application Developer
- Trades: Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator, Electrical Technician, HVAC, Welding
SCI also offers an online and hybrid curriculum.
SOURCE Southern Careers Institute
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genie Energy to Report Third Quarter 2021 Results
- Ontario Health Coalition Quick Initial Analysis of the Ford Government’s New LTC Act
- Creation Investments, Norwest Venture Partners Co-Lead US$200 Million Financing Round for Indian Affordable Housing Firm Vastu
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!