SkylineDx Presents Pioneering Data at ASH 2023: SKY92 Risk Stratification in Multiple Myeloma Patients
- Equities close slightly lower as focus shifts to data
- Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway rises premarket after group posts record income
- Corporate profitability set to weaken - JPMorgan
- Global equities index sluggish with inflation in focus, oil climbs
- Alcoa agrees to buy aluminum peer Alumina for $2.2 billion
A total of 251 MM patients were enrolled in this prospective US multicenter trial. The results based on prospective real-world clinical data show significant differences in progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) between SKY92 standard-risk and high-risk patients, confirming SKY92's reliability as a prognostic marker.
Integrating R-ISS staging with SKY92 classification, as previously reported [Kuiper et al. 2020], resulted in three risk groups. This combined classification method identified a larger number of high-risk patients with a significantly shorter OS and PFS when compared to the R-ISS alone.
The trial results reveal a significant discrepancy between risk stratification derived from conventional clinical practice assessments and that determined by SKY92. Integration of SKY92 into clinical practice enables the identification of a subset of high-risk patients characterized by substantially shorter PFS and OS. These findings support the added value of integrating SKY92 into clinical practice for precise risk assessment of patients. Furthermore, the integration of SKY92 resulted in increased physician confidence in assessing patient risks.
Jvalini Dwarkasing, Chief Scientific Officer of SkylineDx, expressed the company's enthusiasm for these presentations, saying, "At SkylineDx, our mission is to advance the field of hematological diagnostics and ultimately improve patient care. We are proud that Dr. Biran will be presenting the insights from these groundbreaking studies that have the potential to transform the way we understand and treat hematologic disorders."
SkylineDx is a biotechnology company focused on research & development of molecular diagnostics in oncology and inflammatory diseases. SkylineDx uses its expertise to bridge the gap between academically discovered gene expression signatures and commercially available diagnostic products with high clinical utility, assisting healthcare professionals in accurately determining the type or status of disease or predicting a patient's response to treatment. Based on test results, healthcare professionals can tailor the treatment approach to the individual patient. SkylineDx is headquartered in
- Unveiling the Discrepancy in Multiple Myeloma Risk Classification between Clinical Practice and SKY92 Test and the Impact on Survival (confex.com)Paper: Unveiling the Discrepancy in Multiple Myeloma Risk Classification between Clinical Practice and SKY92 Test and the Impact on Survival (confex.com)
- Prommis Trial Prospectively Demonstrates the Efficacy of SKY92 Risk Stratification in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma Patients (confex.com)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Codifi Elevates Mel Gordon to President
- AEP Announces CEO Transition
- LyondellBasell Prices Public Offering of Guaranteed Notes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!