Shutterstock Launches The Vault, One of the Largest Photo and Video Archive Collections in the World
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
NEW YORK, Feb. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global creative platform offering full-service solutions, high-quality content, and tools for brands, businesses and media companies, today announced the launch of The Vault, Shutterstock's archival collection with over 50 million assets across photo and video, covering royals, film, music, sports, wars, politics, and celebrities, making it one of the largest photo and video archives in the world that provides a comprehensive chronicle of the 20th Century.
The physical location of The Vault is in an Iron Mountain facility in London, with a significant number of photographs digitized and made available on Shutterstock Editorial. The Vault houses archival content through a rich blend of Shutterstock-owned collections, as well as strategic alliances with world-class global partners, including AP, Associated News, and ITV.
"For the first time in six years, we are delighted to open The Vault, officially providing Shutterstock's customers with unparalleled access to the best historical content across a wide range of categories," said Jamie Elden, Chief Revenue Officer at Shutterstock. "Archival photography and footage not only preserve our history, but it adds color and credibility to storytelling in an authentic and cost-effective way, providing immense value, and a wide range of new stories to be told for documentary, film, and television producers."
The Vault is managed by Greg Watts at Shutterstock, who leads a team of archivists that catalogue and preserve the content. "I started my career 29 years ago at Rex as a filing clerk in the physical archive in East London, and I am incredibly excited to make this very special collection accessible to the wider Shutterstock community," said Watts. "There are images that have not been seen for nearly 20 years, waiting to be discovered -- it's truly an A-Z of more than a century of world events and stories."
The Vault's offering includes The Rex Features Collection, which chronicles historical moments, including iconic images of the British Royal family, Ronald Reagan's transition from film star to politician, as well as Dezo Hoffman's archive, who photographed musical icons, such as Sinatra in the recording studios, and Marvin Gaye appearing on "Ready Steady Go."
Additionally, Shutterstock houses the ITV archive, and is the exclusive distribution partner for its enormous catalogue of TV stills, including classics such as Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Spitting Image, The Prisoner, Thunderbirds and Upstairs Downstairs.
Other Shutterstock-owned collections include:
- The Berliner Archive: Founded in 1973, covering celebrity events in Los Angeles, New York and Las Vegas.
- The Picture Library: For 50 years, Alan Davidson, the photographer behind a number of iconic images, from Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger dancing, to a teenage Lady Diana Spencer, captured some of the world's most prolific people, and memorialized countless historical moments.
- The Harry Myers Collection: Starting his career in the 40s and shooting for almost six decades, Myers took photographs of arguably every major film star at London film premieres.
- The Art Archive: A rare and extensive offering from the world's leading fine art galleries, museums and private collections covering every aspect of the creative arts and world culture -- from ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics dating back to 2500 BC, to Buzz Aldrin's first steps on the moon.
Open The Vault.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global creative platform offering full-service solutions, high-quality content, and tools for brands, businesses and media companies. Directly and through its group subsidiaries, Shutterstock's comprehensive collection includes high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music. Working with its growing community of over one million contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 350 million images and more than 20 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world and customers in more than 150 countries. The Company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Studios, an end-to-end custom creative shop; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; and Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images and videos for the world's media.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shutterstock-launches-the-vault-one-of-the-largest-photo-and-video-archive-collections-in-the-world-301219616.html
SOURCE Shutterstock, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perpetua Resources Reports Results of 2021 Annual General Meeting
- One Voice Children's Choir Uses Their Voices to Raise Awareness of Their Nonprofit with "Little Voice"
- Economic Literacy Colorado and Bellco Credit Union Celebrate Financial Literacy Month with $50,000 Sponsorship, Robust Programs and Accessible Financial Literacy Resources