Sasol reuses wax from spent catalysts as part of commitment to responsible production and consumption
- S&P 500, Dow hit record highs on bank earnings boost
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar slips to 4-week low hurt by recent retreat in yields
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb. 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- In keeping with its priority Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) of responsible production and consumption, Sasol and waste management company GrnCat, have developed a solution to recover wax from spent catalysts.
Since the GrnCat plant was commissioned in 2018, Sasol has recovered and reused more than 6,000 tons of clean wax, thereby reducing waste volumes by as much as 50 percent. The creation of 30 new jobs associated with the process has added a social benefit to the environmental and economic advantages.
"We are gaining environmental and economic benefits from the reduction in landfill volumes and recovery of saleable product," said Steve Radley, Sasol Vice President: Wax and Solvents, Energy Operations.
"We are also supporting the development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) through established government funding institutions, which aim to promote economic growth and industrial development in the surrounding community."
Founder of GrnCat Holdings, Dr. Jan Reynhardt, added: "Since the start-up of our wax recovery plant three years ago, we have been constantly optimising our processes. We have been able to increase our capacity by 60 per cent to 400 tons per month of clean wax."
Radley said Sasol has prioritised four relevant SDGs, including SDG12 which is responsible production and consumption, to ensure that the business is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
"The collaboration with GrnCat is a pleasing success story for Sasol, GrnCat, the surrounding community and the environment. It also demonstrates our commitment to continuous improvement and to making sustainability a reality," he added.
Issued by:Sasol Media Relations
In South Africa: Matebello Motloung, Manager: Group Media Relations Direct telephone: +27 (0) 10 344 9256 Mobile: +27 (0) 82 773 email@example.com
Alex Anderson, Senior Manager: Group External Communication Direct telephone: +27 (0) 10 344 6509 Mobile: +27 (0) 71 600 9605 firstname.lastname@example.org
In Germany: Torsten Titze Manager Digital CommunicationsSasol Chemicals email@example.com
Sasol is a global integrated chemicals and energy company spanning 30 countries. Through our talented people, we use selected technologies to safely and sustainably source, manufacture and market chemical and energy products globally.
SOURCE Sasol Limited
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Block announces the successful close of a management buyout to form the only employee-owned firm in crypto research, news and information services
- Orthogonal Launches SPAC Fund Anchored by Institutional and Individual Investments Exceeding $10 Million
- Enzychem Lifesciences Announces Oral Presentation of TLR Signaling Inhibition with Mosedipimod (EC-18) at The International Liver Congress 2021 (EASL)