SOCMA Launches Policy Webinar Series in April
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
Association to provide critical regulatory, trade and compliance insight
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
ARLINGTON, Va., March 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- As the specialty chemicals industry anticipates new policy and regulations coming under the Biden Administration, the Society of Chemical Manufacturers & Affiliates (SOCMA) is hosting its Policy Webinar Series throughout April to focus on these key topics that are crucial to its membership and the value chain.
"With the new administration's initiatives under way, there are numerous regulatory changes and potential effects to the very framework of the specialty and fine chemical industry," said Robert Helminiak, Vice President, Legal and Government Relations. "SOCMA's Policy Webinar Series will deliver critical intelligence and background information on legislation, trade impacts, compliance challenges, worker health and safety requirements and ongoing regulatory activities that our member companies can utilize to ensure optimal business performance within the Biden Administration. These foundational issues significantly impact the specialties industry, and our members rely on SOCMA to obtain essential guidance necessary to the success of their operations."
Each webinar includes subject-matter experts from SOCMA member companies, industry partners and key federal agencies. Session dates, topics and speakers are as follows:
- Thursday, April 1 – COVID-19 Employer Vaccination Policy & Insurance Considerations | Expert panelists are Megan Glowacki, Partner, Thompson Hine, and Scott A. Watson, Vice President, McGriff Insurance.
- Thursday, April 8 – OSHA's New Hazard Communication Requirements | Expert panelist is Amy Wachs, Partner, Husch Blackwell.
- Thursday, April 15 – Trade Impacts on the Chemical Supply Chain – MTB, China 301 Tariffs, GSP, and More
- Thursday, April 22 – A Closer Look at the Biden EPA and its Impact on the Specialty Chemical Industry
Register here for the first session on Thursday, April 1, to hear analysis about the impacts of COVID-19 on labor law, worker compensation and employer/employee expectations as the vaccine is rolled out nationwide.
For additional questions, or to submit feedback for each webinar, please contact SOCMA's Government Relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SOCMASOCMA is part of a $300 billion industry that's fueling the U.S. economy. Our members play an indispensable role in the global chemical supply chain, providing specialty chemicals to companies in markets ranging from aerospace and electronics to pharmaceuticals and agriculture. For more information visit www.socma.org.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/socma-launches-policy-webinar-series-in-april-301258860.html
SOURCE Society of Chemical Manufacturers & Affiliates
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iconic Funds Receives Approval to Issue and Publicly Offer a Physically Backed Bitcoin ETP
- Highly Marelli Global Headquarters Starts Operation
- Gedik Investment implements Itiviti for futures market making and algorithmic trading