S&P Dow Jones Indices Announces Implementation of Tesla's Addition to S&P 500
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
NEW YORK, Nov. 30, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") has determined it will add Tesla Inc. (NASD: TSLA) to the S&P 500 at its full float-adjusted market capitalization weight effective prior to the open of trading on Monday, December 21, 2020.
As announced on November 16, 2020, S&P DJI conducted a consultation with market participants regarding the implementation of the addition of Tesla to the S&P 500. During the consultation, which closed on November 20, 2020, S&P DJI received a variety of feedback, including implementation suggestions beyond those proposed in the consultation.
In its decision, S&P DJI considered the wide range of responses it received, as well as, among other factors, the expected liquidity of Tesla and the market's ability to accommodate significant trading volumes on this date. After the market close on Friday, December 11, pro-forma files will be distributed, and a press release will be published announcing which company Tesla will replace in the S&P 500.
For more information about S&P Dow Jones Indices, please visit www.spdji.com.
ABOUT S&P DOW JONES INDICESS&P Dow Jones Indices is the largest global resource for essential index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based on our indices than products based on indices from any other provider in the world. Since Charles Dow invented the first index in 1884, S&P DJI has been innovating and developing indices across the spectrum of asset classes helping to define the way investors measure and trade the markets.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
S&P Dow Jones Indicesindex_services@spglobal.com
SOURCE S&P Dow Jones Indices
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Clark Atlanta University Receives $3 Million From Tucker, GA Based Business For New Entrepreneurial Center
- HOKA ONE ONE® Launches the All-New Clifton 8
- Florida Southern College Gathers Classes Of 2020, 2021 For In-Person Spring Commencement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!