Pixalate's Q2 2023 CTV Bundle ID Mapping Report: Over 78% of Open Programmatic Ad Spend on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Smart TV Goes to Apps with 3+ Bundle IDs
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq notch highest closes since early 2022
- U.S. economy adds 199,000 jobs in November
- Fed should 'lowball' rate cuts expectations next week says analyst after strong jobs data
- Bernstein's best idea for 2024? Short Tesla stock
- Analysts defend Broadcom as annual guidance falls short after FQ4 earnings beat
Pixalate adds Samsung Smart TV to research and finds 39% of global open programmatic ad spend on Samsung targets apps referred to by 10+ Bundle IDs as of Q2 2023
A "Bundle ID" is a string of characters that advertisers and ad platforms use to identify specific apps, such as Hulu. However, there is no standardization around the syntax of Bundle IDs. This has created significant confusion around targeting and measurement, and ad fraudsters are exploiting this programmatic ad supply chain vulnerability. Pixalate conducted in-depth research on this issue in our
Key Findings in Pixalate's Q2 2023 CTV Bundle ID Mapping Report
According to Pixalate's Q2 2023 CTV Bundle ID Mapping Report, the CTV Bundle ID crisis continues to be a problem for the industry:
- 83% of open programmatic ad spend on Samsung Smart TV apps goes to apps referred to by 2+ Bundle IDs
- Apps referred to by 2+ Bundle IDs on Amazon Fire TV have decreased slightly to 37% (from 38% in Q1 2023).
- 88% of open programmatic ad spend on Roku CTV apps goes to apps referred to by 2+ Bundle IDs, a slight increase from 86% in Q1 2023.
- 83% of ad spend on all three CTV platforms went to apps with 2+ Bundle IDs. Apps with 10+ Bundle IDs covered 41% of Roku ad spend.
As for solutions to this crisis, Pixalate's Bundle ID to App store ID mapping APIs can help by consistently handling Bundle IDs and ensuring that accurate tracking, measurement, and reporting is in place. Additionally, the IAB Tech Lab has issued guidelines for the use of app IDs and OpenRTB 2.6 has offered support for Channel and Network Objects information to avoid overloading the Bundle ID field. By taking these proactive steps, the industry can help ensure the continued growth and success of the CTV ecosystem.
Download the Reports
You can access Pixalate's Q2 2023 Connected TV (CTV) Bundle ID Mapping Reports here:
Pixalate is the market-leading fraud protection, privacy, and compliance analytics platform for Connected TV (CTV) and Mobile Advertising. We work 24/7 to guard your reputation and grow your media value. Pixalate offers the only system of coordinated solutions across display, app, video, and CTV for better detection and elimination of ad fraud. Pixalate is an MRC-accredited service for the detection and filtration of sophisticated invalid traffic (SIVT) across desktop and mobile web, mobile in-app, and CTV advertising. www.pixalate.com
The content of this press release, and the Q2 2023 CTV Bundle IDs Mapping Report (the "Report"), reflect Pixalate's opinions with respect to factors that Pixalate believes may be useful to the digital media industry. Pixalate's opinions are just that, opinions, which means that they are neither facts nor guarantees; and neither this press release nor the Report are intended to impugn the standing or reputation of any entity, person or app, but instead, to report findings and apparent trends pertaining to apps from the Roku and Amazon Fire TV CTV app stores.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pixalates-q2-2023-ctv-bundle-id-mapping-report-over-78-of-open-programmatic-ad-spend-on-roku-amazon-fire-tv-and-samsung-smart-tv-goes-to-apps-with-3-bundle-ids-301893754.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IRO TAKES OVER THE SOHO HOUSE TENT THURSDAY NIGHT OF ART BASEL
- Resource Capital Fund VI L.P. Ceases to be an Insider of Happy Creek Minerals Ltd.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices Announces Dow Jones Sustainability Indices 2023 Review Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!