Piedmont Advantage Credit Union's Jobana Semones becomes CU Times' Rising Stars Luminaries Finalist
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Semones is one of 10 finalists chosen in the Rising Stars category from across the nation for demonstrating "outstanding abilities to deliver change, meet the needs of members and introduce innovation for the credit union industry," according to Credit Union Times' Editor in Chief
While Semones, 30, didn't take home the top honor, she is the only finalist from all individual categories to be selected from
Piedmont Advantage Credit Union nominated Semones for her role in launching in 2022 its first comprehensive youth program, which includes age-appropriate, industry-recognized financial education activities, products and services. As primary minor accountholders, Piedmont Advantage youth members have access to their money with built-in rewards, safeguards and benefits.
"Prior to the roll out of the program in
Semones also designed the organization's youth financial learning series, MoneyY-ZER, "empowering youth with the financial know-how to be WISER upon becoming financially independent." Children and teens in grades K-12 learn how and why to save, budget, manage and invest money. They also learn to avoid frauds, scams and predatory lending practices.
As a certified credit union financial counselor, Semones conducts all of the financial activities, including in Spanish upon request.
"We couldn't be prouder of Jobana," Williams said.
About Piedmont Advantage Credit Union
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/piedmont-advantage-credit-unions-jobana-semones-becomes-cu-times-rising-stars-luminaries-finalist-301994123.html
SOURCE Piedmont Advantage Credit Union
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uber Technologies, Jabil and Builders FirstSource Set to Join S&P 500; Others to Join S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600
- Urban One, Inc. First and Second Quarter 2023 Results Conference Call
- Tortoise Provides Unaudited Balance Sheet Information and Asset Coverage Ratio Updates as of November 30, 2023, for TYG, NTG, TTP, NDP and TPZ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!