PRIVACY ALERT: Blue Shield of California and MESVision Under Investigation for Data Breach of Over 1 Million Patient Records
- S&P, Nasdaq end at records as inflation data supports rate cut view
- Salesforce rolls out first-ever dividend as Q4 results, guidance beat estimates
- Equities gain on in-line US inflation, Treasury yields dip
- Snowflake Q4 results top estimates; CEO retires
- SEC investigating whether OpenAI misled investors in Altman saga- WSJ
According to Blue Shield of California, the company provided its patient records to MESVision, a third-party vendor that manages its vision services. MESVision then used a third-party file transfer program called MOVEit, which attackers exploited using a security vulnerability reportedly present in software versions dating back to 2021. On
Blue Shield of California recently informed patients that the following personal and health information may have been stolen in the breach: names; birthdates; addresses; subscriber and group numbers; Social Security numbers; and vision provider information, including ID and claim numbers, treatment and diagnosis information, and cost data.
Although the breach occurred over three six months ago, Blue Shield of California and MESVision only began notifying impacted patients on or around
If your personal information was stolen in the breach, you may be at risk of identity theft and other serious violations of your privacy. As a result, you may be entitled to money damages of
If you received notification of this data breach or are a patient of Blue Shield of California and wish to obtain additional information about your legal rights, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.classactionlawyers.com/blueshieldca.
About Schubert Jonckheer & Kolbe LLP
Schubert Jonckheer & Kolbe represents shareholders, employees, and consumers in class actions against corporate defendants, as well as shareholders in derivative actions against their officers and directors. The firm is based in
Schubert Jonckheer & Kolbe LLP
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/privacy-alert-blue-shield-of-california-and-mesvision-under-investigation-for-data-breach-of-over-1-million-patient-records-302008200.html
SOURCE Schubert Jonckheer & Kolbe LLP
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jacobio Pharma Receives IND Approval for P53 Y220C Activator JAB-30300 in the U.S.
- Tuniu to Report Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2023 Financial Results on March 13, 2024
- CJ 4DPLEX and Regal Open The World's Largest 4DX Auditorium in Times Square
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!