Open RAN Market Expected to Approach $10 B, According to Dell'Oro Group
- Futures rise on solid corporate results, jobless claims data awaited
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) to Acquire PPD, Inc. (PPD) for $47.50/sh, $17.4 Billion
- Dell (DELL) Gains on Spin-Off of its 81% Stake in VMware (VMW), Analysts Bulled-Up as It Could Unlock $20 Per Share of Value for DELL
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys 750K Shares of Coinbase (COIN), Sells 240K Shares of Tesla (TSLA)
- Bank of America (BAC) Gains as Earnings Beat Estimates on Strong Investment Banking Results, Announces $25 Billion Buyback Plan
Open RAN to Account for More Than 10 Percent of RAN Market
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- According to a recently published report by Dell'Oro Group, the trusted source for market information about the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT industries, the worldwide sales of Open RAN revenues are forecasted to grow at double-digit rates over the next six years with cumulative Open RAN investments – including hardware, software, and firmware excluding services – projected to approach $10 B over the 2020-2025 forecast period.
"The conversation and the overall attitude towards Open RAN has clearly changed over the past six months," said Stefan Pongratz, Vice President and analyst with the Dell'Oro Group. "It is no longer a question if Open RAN will happen and the question now is more on the timing and the scope," continued Pongratz.
Additional highlights from the Dell'Oro Group Open RAN Advanced Research Report:
- Open RAN is expected to account for more than 10 percent of the overall RAN market by 2025, reflecting healthy traction in multiple regions.
- Short-term projections have been adjusted upward while the near-term outlook has been revised slightly downward, reflecting the state of the market for both greenfield and brownfield networks.
- Cumulative Virtualized RAN revenues—here defined as the proportion of RAN baseband/compute capex that will utilize general-purpose processors for CU and/or DU—are projected to surpass $5 B over the forecast period.
About the ReportThe Dell'Oro Group Open RAN Advanced Research Report offers an overview of the Open RAN and Virtualized RAN potential with a 5-year forecast for the various RAN functions and macro and small cells along with a discussion about the vision, the ecosystem, the market potential, and the risks. To purchase these reports, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Dell'Oro GroupDell'Oro Group is a market research firm that specializes in strategic competitive analysis in the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT markets. Our firm provides in-depth quantitative data and qualitative analysis to facilitate critical, fact-based business decisions. For more information, contact Dell'Oro Group at +1.650.622.9400 or visit www.delloro.com.
SOURCE Dell'Oro Group
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chevron Customers Rewarded in Chevron Stock Spend 73% More Monthly, Commit to Spending with Their Gas Brand
- Boyne Resorts Announces Commencement of Cash Tender Offer for Any and All of Its 7.250% Senior Secured Second Lien Notes due 2025
- Leju Files Its Annual Report on Form 20-F