NortonLifeLock Advocates for Proactive Online Safety and Privacy Measures During Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2021
- Tech lifts S&P 500, Nasdaq amid inflation, China growth worries
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices ease off highs as U.S. factory data weighs on market
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
Experts to Share Insights on Digital Safety, Privacy and Training During National Cyber Security Alliance Virtual Event and In-Person Summit
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
TEMPE, Ariz., Oct. 4, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- NortonLifeLock (NASDAQ: NLOK), a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, today announced its commitment to this year's Cybersecurity Awareness Month campaign, "Do Your Part. #BeCyber Smart," which highlights the individual responsibility everyone has in securing our connected world. In support of this initiative, NortonLifeLock is sharing Cyber Safety insights as part of the National Cyber Security Alliance virtual event, "Cybersecuring America: Our Shared Responsibility" on October 7, 2021, as well as during the National Cyber Security Alliance and Nasdaq 2021 Cybersecurity Summit, "Cybersecurity Crossroads: The Intersection of Information, Technology, and People" on October 27, 2021.
Launched in 2004 and co-led by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the National Cyber Security Alliance, Cybersecurity Awareness Month helps ensure people have access to the information and tools to help keep them safe and secure online. Now, more than 3,000 companies, schools, government agencies, nonprofits and individuals across more than fifty countries have joined the campaign, including NortonLifeLock for several years.
"As we block an average of 9 million cyber threats targeting consumers each day, Cybersecurity Awareness Month is a reminder for everyone to take a proactive role in protecting themselves and their families from cybercrime," said Kim Allman, head of corporate responsibility and government affairs for NortonLifeLock. "To empower consumers to take charge of their digital lives every day of the year, we're offering Cyber Safe resources and solutions that span device security, online privacy and identity theft protection."
As a proud sponsor, NortonLifeLock will take part in various speaking and panel events to promote awareness of digital safety, privacy and training during National Cyber Security Alliance events through the month of October. Darren Shou, head of technology at NortonLifeLock will participate in the following events and key sessions:
National Cyber Security Alliance Event – Cybersecuring America: Our Shared ResponsibilityRegistration information is available here. Thursday, October 7, 2021, Virtual
- 12:45 – 1:25 p.m. ET – Panel and Q&A, The Industry PerspectiveElected officials, government leaders and industry executives come together to discuss the public and private sector approach vital to ensure that every part of our interconnected society is secure.
National Cyber Security Alliance and Nasdaq 2021 Cybersecurity SummitRegistration information and COVID-19 requirements for Summit attendees1 are available here. Wednesday, October 27, 2021, New York, NY
- 10:00 – 10:45 a.m. ET – Media Briefing: Cybersecurity CrossroadsLeading cybersecurity experts will delve into the current cybersecurity landscape, and discuss how looking at cybersecurity as an intersection of information, technology and people can secure its future.
- 11:05 – 11:45 a.m. ET – Flipping the Switch: Prioritizing People in CybersecurityExperts discuss the industry's greatest asset: people. Participants will learn why developing a comprehensive internal training program can often be one of the most important defenses in an organization, as well as the best practices for implementing and measuring effective training and awareness programs.
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET – TED-Style Talk: Own and Control Your PrivacyDarren Shou will lead a luncheon discussion focused on best practices for consumers to maintain control over their privacy when using new and emerging tech devices that may try to invade it.
Additionally, to continue driving awareness and education, NortonLifeLock will share new Cyber Safety advice and resources throughout October aligned with the themes of each Cybersecurity Awareness Month week: Be Cyber Smart; Fight the Phish; Explore. Experience. Share; and Cybersecurity First, which will be available here.
The company will also host interactive discussions throughout the month, including:
- The Cybersecurity Awareness Month Twitter Chat on Tuesday, October 5 at 2:00 p.m. ET, featuring practical steps everyone can take to better secure themselves and #BeCyberSmart.
- Norton Gaming "Ask the Expert - Cybersecurity Awareness Month" Twitch Stream hosted by brand ambassador BigCheeseKIT and featuring Paige Hanson, chief of cyber safety education at NortonLifeLock, on Thursday, October 14 at 6:00 p.m. ET. Stream here live.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety and learn how NortonLifeLock can help you protect your connected devices, online privacy and identity at nortonlifelock.com.
For more information about Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2021 and how to participate in a wide variety of activities, visit staysafeonline.org/cybersecurity-awareness-month/. You can also follow and use the official hashtag #BeCyberSmart on social media throughout the month.
About NortonLifeLock Inc.NortonLifeLock Inc. (NASDAQ: NLOK) is a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, protecting and empowering people to live their digital lives safely. We are the consumer's trusted ally in an increasingly complex and connected world. Learn more about how we're transforming Cyber Safety at www.NortonLifeLock.com.
* No one can prevent all cybercrime or identity theft.1 Nasdaq MarketSite is requiring all attendees to be fully vaccinated and submit a negative Rapid COVID-19 test result taken within the previous 48-hours of the event.
Edelman for NortonLifeLock Inc.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nortonlifelock-advocates-for-proactive-online-safety-and-privacy-measures-during-cybersecurity-awareness-month-2021-301391385.html
SOURCE NortonLifeLock Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TELEV8 launches hosted TV platform at HITEC Dallas
- Ocean Mental Health Services Has a New Name
- The American Legion Mourns Passing of Colin Powell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!