Northcentral University Launches Virtual Education Support Center
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
LA JOLLA, Calif., Feb. 26, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- This month Northcentral University launched the Virtual Education Support Center (VESC). This new, forward-thinking center leverages NCU's experience as a leader in virtual education by providing resources for improving virtual teaching and learning in K-12 and higher education.
VESC provides educators, students, caregivers and communities with resources including podcasts, blogs, articles and webinars. Subjects include:
- Engaging students of all ages during virtual learning
- Enhancing communication between educator and learner / family
- Supporting students from home
- Bolstering educational leadership
- Apps to strengthen teaching and learning
- Websites for supplementing learning
- Strategies for effective teaching practices
The center will share pertinent resources, expert advice and educational offerings as students of all ages increasingly seek to engage in virtual learning opportunities.
"VESC connects you to high-quality tips, tools and tricks for improving virtual education in one central location," said center Director Amy Lyn.
NCU is in a unique position to support schools and learning communities in their transition to virtual education, both in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. The university has been online since its founding in 1996, and in the 25 years since has developed extensive methodology for teaching and engaging students in the virtual environment. One of NCU's largest schools is its School of Education, and the university excels at helping educators deepen knowledge of their practice and leadership skills.
At launch, VESC is offering resources including:
- Tips for college students learning online
- Resources for education leaders new to the online learning space
- Best practices for virtual teaching
- Two podcasts, the first exploring using the digital tool Padlet in the classroom, and the other discussing the emergence of heightened stress and mental health concerns for faculty and students since the pandemic began
New resources and content will be added on an ongoing basis. Visit www.ncu.edu/virtual-education-support-center for more.
About Northcentral University Founded in 1996, Northcentral University is a regionally accredited, nonprofit, online and graduate-focused university serving professionals globally. Over 11,000 adult students are enrolled in bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs at NCU, including business, education, health sciences, law, marriage and family therapy, psychology and technology.
Northcentral University is a nonprofit affiliate of the private, nonprofit National University System. It is regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). For more information, visit ncu.edu or call 866.776.0331.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/northcentral-university-launches-virtual-education-support-center-301236233.html
SOURCE Northcentral University
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CAPS launches Earth Day quiz: environmental protection, population growth, and immigration--can you connect the dots?
- Get Real-Time Data with Vutility's PulseDrop
- Ayurcann Holdings Corp. Announces Stock Option and Restricted Share Unit Grants