New State of the Menu report from Technomic spotlights trends to come in 2021
- Wall Street slips off record highs, Tesla drops after fatal crash
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats
Growing trends at limited- and full-service restaurants as well as expert insights into limited-time offers are also included in the report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
CHICAGO, Feb. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Technomic released a new State of the Menu report, highlighting growing ingredients and flavors on menus; trend predictions that will surface this year; and insights into best-in-class, limited-time offers. Foodservice occasions are drastically evolving, and this report provides crucial details on how leading restaurant operators are pivoting their menu innovation plans in unprecedented ways.
"Taking a look back is crucial to understanding how the industry has changed and where we're headed," said Lizzy Freier, senior research manager of menu at Technomic. "Our many learnings from the data and analysis—which are reflected in the key themes and recommended actions—are essential for foodservice professionals to be able to plan for the year ahead."
Key findings include:
- Chicken is the fastest-growing protein on LSR breakfast menus, up 30.8% year over year
- Brazilian flavors are the fastest-growing global flavors on lunch and dinner full-service restaurant menus, at 5.6% year-over-year growth
- 37% of best-in-class LTOs had brand mentions, proving that consumers find this appealing
The new State of the Menu report is part of Technomic's Ignite Menu tool. Ignite is a robust online platform relied on by thousands of foodservice manufacturers and operators. For more information on the Ignite, visit Technomic.com or contact one of the individuals listed below.
Technomic, Inc., a Winsight company, was founded as a management consulting firm in 1966. Since then, Technomic's services have grown to encompass cloud-based B2B research tools, consumer and menu trend tracking, as well as other leading strategic research and analytic capabilities, to prioritize and size business opportunities. Our clients include food manufacturers and distributors, restaurants, retailers and multiple other business verticals aligned with the food industry that are looking to make informed decisions to support their business growth. Visit Technomic at www.technomic.com.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-state-of-the-menu-report-from-technomic-spotlights-trends-to-come-in-2021-301233217.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AACR 2021-ImmVira presents the preclinical study results of MVR-T3011 via intravenous administration
- Orlando Magic, L3Harris Honor Fallen Soldiers and Bring Awareness to Combat Stress
- Natura &Co Notice to the Market: Filing of Form 20-F