New Report Shows 72% of US Accredited Investors Plan to Invest in DeFi This Year
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SEOUL, South Korea, March 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Crypto disclosure and transparency platform Xangle has released the findings from its latest report Crypto Investing in 2021: Insights from 350+ Accredited Investors
From Jan. 18-28, 2021, Xangle surveyed 379 accredited investors to better understand their outlook on crypto investing. Commenting on the findings, Lihan Lee, co-founder of Xangle, said, "The survey findings confirmed our belief that accredited investors are very excited about investing in crypto assets but they are being held back due to a lack of regulator protection, scams, and a lack of awareness and education around the industry. It's extremely critical for the industry as a whole to step up and provide this new wave of investors with everything they need to ensure they have a positive experience and continue to invest."
Accredited Investors and Crypto: Key Findings
- They're investing more now than before COVID. Xangle discovered that the economic downturn of 2020 didn't discourage investors; rather they took advantage of the market lows.
- 87% know about Bitcoin, and 70% have invested in it. Investors are already knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies and have it in their portfolios.
- 79% are investing for long-term and short-term speculation. Surveyed investors see Bitcoin as a store of value that will yield high returns, either through short-term investments or by buying and holding.
- 72% believe Bitcoin is a bubble. Despite being bullish about Bitcoin, nearly three-quarters believe recent price heights are creating a bubble that will soon pop.
- Bitcoin would need to stabilize for future investments. Those who haven't invested in Bitcoin indicated that they want it to become less volatile before they buy in. For others, crypto is still too new of a market, or they just haven't had the right opportunity.
- 78% believe regulators need to protect investors more. Survey respondents believed that the things holding investors back from crypto are a lack of regulator protection, scams, and a lack of awareness and education around the industry.
- 72% are very likely to invest in DeFi. Not only are accredited investors capitalizing on Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, but they want to expand their portfolio to include DeFi products, too.
- Bitcoin is the top choice for future returns. If survey respondents had $100,000 to invest but had to leave it for four years, 31.7% would choose Bitcoin while 29% would go into blue-chip stocks as the better investment.
To view a full copy of the report, click here.
Xangle is a global leading crypto asset disclosure platform working with global leading players to bring data transparency by providing full-scope information on assets. Xangle sources and curates on-chain data and assists in off-chain inputs and this combination of on-chain and off-chain datasets can provide a complete 360-degree overview for any crypto asset.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-report-shows-72-of-us-accredited-investors-plan-to-invest-in-defi-this-year-301242940.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 610th Consecutive Common Stock Monthly Dividend Declared By Realty Income
- Patrick Industries, Inc. Announces Pricing of Private Offering of $350 Million of Senior Notes
- Industry Pioneer Jay Flatley Named as Chairman of Zymergen Board of Directors