New California Class Action Lawsuit Against Robinhood Alleges that Online Brokerage "Switched Sides" and "Sacrificed" Main Street Investors in Favor of Wall Street
- S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record closing peaks on eve of Fed meeting
- Oil steadies after hitting 2-yr high as demand hopes face supply growth
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Pops 10% as Tesla's Musk Signals Another U-Turn on Bitcoin Payments
- Lordstown Motors (RIDE): CEO and CFO Resign, Presents Results of Investigation Of Hindenburg Research Report
- Paul Tudor Jones is 'Probably' Buying Commodities, Crypto, Gold if Fed Continues to Ignore Inflation Concerns, Endorses Bitcoin (BTC) as a Portfolio Diversifier
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A new class action lawsuit filed in the Central District of California alleges that behemoth online brokerage, Robinhood, breached its duties to investors when it "willfully and knowingly" disabled certain crucial and basic trading functions crippling its clients' abilities to trade from their accounts.
The complaint alleges that Robinhood clients who owned, or sought to acquire, shares of Gamestop Corp (NYSE: GME), AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AMC) and Blackberry, LTD (NYSE: BB), were damaged when Robinhood deliberately handcuffed their ability to trade, thereby benefitting Wall Street institutions.
According to the lawsuit, "Robinhood, famous as the champion of the small retail investor(…) Switched sides." The complaint further states that "Robinhood acted contrary to the interests of its clients and anointed itself as the overlord of the free market, opting to damage its clients in favor of its own financial interests and the interests of other market participants, many of whom had interests directly adverse to Robinhood's clients." The suit asserts causes of action for Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Negligence and Unfair Business Practices, among others.
The case is Gossett, et al. v. Robinhood Financial, LLC, et al Case No. 21-cv-00837. The Plaintiffs are represented by Maurice Pessah of Pessah Law Group, PC (PLG) and Stuart Chelin of Chelin Law Firm, two Los Angeles based law firms.
If you believe you have suffered losses due to Robinhood's actions, or for other inquiries, please contact:
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-california-class-action-lawsuit-against-robinhood-alleges-that-online-brokerage-switched-sides-and-sacrificed-main-street-investors-in-favor-of-wall-street-301218025.html
SOURCE Pessah Law Group
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Paris Saint-Germain players are preparing their "summer move" with ALL - Accor Live Limitless
- New Found Intercepts 21.4 g/t Au over 8.05m and 14.9 g/t Au over 12.9m in 40m step-out at Keats, Extends High-Grade Zone to 465m Down-Plunge
- Qudian Inc. Reports First Quarter 2021 Unaudited Financial Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!