Nevada State Treasurer's Office Announces Launch of Nevada College Kick Start Scholarship Giveaway - Win Up to $1,000 For Your Child's College Savings Plan
- Futures slip as U.S. calls for pause in J&J's single-dose COVID-19 vaccine
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil prices rise after robust China data
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the Nevada State Treasurer's Office announced the launch of the Nevada College Kick Start Scholarship Giveaway where five students will be randomly selected to receive a $529 scholarship towards an SSGA Upromise 529 account. One $1,000 scholarship grand prize will also be awarded.
The Nevada College Kick Start Program helps kindergarteners begin their path to college and gives families a kickstart in saving for post-secondary educational expenses. "We are proud to have over 275,000 students enrolled to-date in the College Kick Start Scholarship program, but we still have work to do. We encourage all Nevada families to take advantage of this important resource to support their child's future educational goals," stated Nevada State Treasurer Zach Conine.
Parents and guardians with a kindergarten child enrolled in a public school in Nevada can claim their child's 2020-2021 Nevada College Kick Start account. All 2020-2021 College Kick Start accounts that are claimed by the deadline will automatically be entered into the Nevada College Kick Start Scholarship Giveaway. No action is needed for families with 2020-2021 accounts that have already been claimed. 2020-2021 Nevada College Kick Start accounts must be claimed by midnight on April 30, 2021 to be entered in the Giveaway.
How to Claim Your Child's Account:
- You will need your child's Nevada College Kick Start ID to complete the claiming process. Click here to look up your child's Kick Start ID number. If you need assistance finding your child's Nevada College Kick Start ID, please call (702) 486-4141.
- Claim your child's account by clicking the "Register Account" button on our participant portal at www.vistashare.com/p/nv/kickstart. You will be able to choose a portal username and password. You will use this username and password to log into the portal to view your child's Nevada College Kick Start account.
- Once you have your portal username/password and have logged in, you are done! Congratulations – you have claimed your child's account!
How to Access an Existing Account: If you already have an existing account visit the Nevada College Kick Start website for more information and to access your account here.
For more information on the giveaway and to view the full terms and conditions visit https://nvigate.gov/programs/nevada-college-kick-start/. For questions email email@example.com or call 702-486-4141.
About Nevada College Kick Start ProgramThe Nevada College Kick Start Program awards every Nevada public school kindergartener with a free $50 scholarship. The program helps Nevada's kindergarteners begin their path to college and assists Nevada families with saving for post-secondary educational expenses. The Kick Start scholarship is provided at no cost to eligible Nevada families. The College Kick Start Program began in 2013 in 13 of Nevada's rural counties and expanded statewide in 2014. Today, over 275,000 students have program accounts.
About Nevada's 529 PlansNevada sponsors five (5) different 529 plans, also known as Qualified Tuition Programs, which provide Nevadans with a flexible education investment account to save and pay for higher education costs, including tuition, books, fees, and room and board. SSGA Upromise 529 accounts can be funded with as little as $15 per month and can be used for any accredited college, university, public, private, undergraduate or graduate school. Visit NVigate.gov for more information.
About Nevada State Treasurer's OfficeThe Office of the State Treasurer was created in 1864 by the Constitution of the State of Nevada. It is responsible for several critical State functions including cash, banking, and transaction management; investment and debt portfolio management; collecting and returning unclaimed property; and administering various college savings and scholarship programs. The State Treasurer is elected by the people to a four-year term. Zach Conine is the current State Treasurer. For questions or more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 702-486-3889.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nevada-state-treasurers-office-announces-launch-of-nevada-college-kick-start-scholarship-giveaway---win-up-to-1-000-for-your-childs-college-savings-plan-301265469.html
SOURCE Nevada State Treasurer's Office
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Adventech, LLC Awarded Solar Impulse Efficient Solution Designation
- Florida Panthers $65 Million Fort Lauderdale War Memorial Auditorium Revitalization Construction Begins This Spring; On Track for Summer 2022 Debut
- Verilife Opens New Medical Cannabis Dispensary in Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!