Montefiore Notifies Patients About Security Breach & Potential Identify Theft
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Montefiore Medical Center is notifying some patients about a security breach involving information illegally accessed by a former employee.
Categories of personal information accessed varied and may include first and last names, medical record numbers, addresses, dates of birth and the last 4-digits of Social Security numbers. Some clinical information, such as test results, diagnoses, and visit histories, may have also been inappropriately collected. There is no evidence that financial information, including credit card numbers, were accessed, or that patient information was used for identity theft.
The incident occurred between June 2020 and November 2020. Upon learning of this situation, Montefiore immediately deactivated the employee's access to the electronic medical record system. After a thorough investigation, the employee was fired and the case was referred to law enforcement for possible criminal prosecution.
"We apologize for any inconvenience to our patients that this breach has caused," said Robert Dalrymple, Chief Information Security Officer, Montefiore Medical Center. "We are taking steps to implement additional safeguards to strengthen the security of our systems."
Montefiore is providing identity theft protection services through IDX at no cost to patients affected by this breach. Patients receiving notification letters can call 1-800-939-4170 or go to https://app.idx.us/account-creation/protect and use the provided enrollment codes. IDX representatives are available Monday through Friday from 9am-9pm ET. The deadline to enroll is May 3, 2021. Protection includes 12 months of credit monitoring, a $1,000,000 insurance reimbursement policy, educational materials and access to fraud resolution representatives.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/montefiore-notifies-patients-about-security-breach--potential-identify-theft-301218195.html
SOURCE Montefiore Medical Center
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CGTN: From well-educated students to radicalized extremists in Xinjiang
- Pets play important role in easing children's loneliness and stress intensified by virtual schooling in lockdown
- Synlogic Presents Data from SYNB1891 Phase 1 Trial at American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting