Matson Publishes New Sustainability Report
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Publication Details Progress on Environmental, Social, Governance Goals
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
HONOLULU, March 1, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Matson, Inc. (NYSE: MATX), a leading U.S. carrier in the Pacific, has published a new Sustainability Report that describes the company's commitment to responsible environmental, social and governance practices.
"Over more than a century, Matson's business has been built on earning the trust of the customers and communities we serve and conducting our business with integrity. This report highlights Matson's achievements and the measures we are taking to advance responsible, sustainable and ethical practices throughout our company," said Matt Cox, chairman and chief executive officer. "I am proud of the work Matson is doing and we remain committed to building on our rich history."
Matson's new report focuses on three areas that the company considers most important: environmental stewardship; caring for its employees and communities; and operating its business ethically, safely and reliably. The report provides detail on the company's strategic approach, measures its progress and celebrates its key achievements. The company intends to issue reports annually.
Some highlights of the inaugural report include:
- Environment: Reduced CO2 emissions by 13% between 2017 and 2019 and finished building four state-of-the-art U.S.-built ships which have numerous environmental features to help reduce GHG emissions
- Diversity: Encouraged professional development and committed to providing new scholarships and internships aimed at increasing diversity among individuals pursuing studies in transportation and logistics
- Safety/COVID-19: Pioneered internal COVID safety policies and protocols and shared best practices with the U.S. Coast Guard and other maritime leaders
"This is an exciting time for Matson," said Rachel Lee, vice president, sustainability and governance. "We are making progress toward achieving Matson's sustainability goals – from moving toward a low-carbon future; to promoting a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive culture; and continuing to protect our employees in the face of an unprecedented pandemic."
More information on Matson's sustainability activities, including a downloadable copy of its 2019-2020 Sustainability Report is available at: www.matson.com/sustainability.
Founded in 1882, Matson (NYSE: MATX) is a leading provider of ocean transportation and logistics services. Matson provides a vital lifeline to the domestic non-contiguous economies of Hawaii, Alaska, and Guam, and to other island economies in Micronesia. Matson also operates two premium, expedited services from China to Long Beach, California, provides service to Okinawa, Japan and various islands in the South Pacific, and operates an international export service from Dutch Harbor to Asia. The Company's fleet of owned and chartered vessels includes containerships, combination container and roll-on/roll-off ships and custom-designed barges. Matson Logistics, established in 1987, extends the geographic reach of Matson's transportation network throughout the continental U.S. Its integrated, asset-light logistics services include rail intermodal, highway brokerage, warehousing, freight consolidation, Asia supply chain services, and forwarding to Alaska. Additional information about the Company is available at www.matson.com.
Matson Investor Relations inquiries:
Matson News Media inquiries:
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/matson-publishes-new-sustainability-report-301237692.html
SOURCE MATSON, INC. - PR
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sirnaomics Initiates Phase 2 Study Using STP705 for Keloid Scar Prevention
- Fintech Provider ParagonEX Goes Green
- Wedding Flower Trends of 2021 Influenced by the Pandemic
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!