Lunit's AI Software for Breast Cancer Detection, Lunit INSIGHT MMG, Wins FDA Clearance
- Stocks tumble on new coronavirus variant fear
- Moderna (MRNA) Shares Rally 11% on 'Nu' Concerns, Analyst Sees mRNA Technology Adapting Much Quicker to New COVID Variant
- DiDi (DIDI) Stock Falls on Report China Seeks Delisting From US Amid Data Security Concerns
- Apple (AAPL) on Pace to Sell Over 10 Million iPhones for Black Friday - Wedbush
- Buy Tech Winners on Variant Fears - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL, South Korea, Nov. 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Lunit, a leading medical AI provider, today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) has cleared its AI solution for breast cancer detection, 'Lunit INSIGHT MMG'. Along with its chest x-ray triaging solution 'Lunit INSIGHT CXR Triage', the company's AI solution for both chest x-ray and mammography is now commercially available across the United States.
"I am delighted to deliver the great news and to introduce Lunit INSIGHT MMG to healthcare professionals and institutions across the US," said Brandon Suh, CEO of Lunit. "With our AI solution, we hope to increase the efficiency and accuracy of mammography screening as well as chest x-ray triaging. We can assist radiologists diagnose diseases at an earlier stage, helping patients be treated at the right time."
Lunit INSIGHT MMG is one of the company's most mature radiology products which analyzes mammography images with high accuracy. It provides the location of lesions suspicious of breast cancer and an abnormality score that reflects the AI's confidence of the existence of detected lesions.
The product is trained with a large-scale data of more than 240,000 mammography cases that include up to 50,000 breast cancer cases, and is known to show excellent performance in finding breast cancer at an earlier stage.
According to a study published in JAMA Oncology in 2020, Lunit INSIGHT MMG showed the best accuracy among three commercialized AI to identify breast cancer. It was found to have around 15% higher sensitivity compared to the other two algorithms. The FDA-cleared AI solution has been previously CE marked and approved for commercial sales in more than 35 countries worldwide.
"This is a huge milestone and business opportunity for us, as the US is one of the largest and most important markets that covers more than 45% of the global breast imaging market," added Suh. "Based on the FDA clearance, we will not only bring diagnostic value to medical professionals and patients in the US, but leverage our business to be a leading global provider of breast AI solution."
Lunit INSIGHT MMG will be showcased at RSNA 2021, scheduled to be held on 28 Nov - 2 Dec 2021, in Chicago. Lunit booth will be located in AI Showcase, booth #4545.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lunits-ai-software-for-breast-cancer-detection-lunit-insight-mmg-wins-fda-clearance-301427827.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Vacuum Cleaner Deals (2021): Dyson, Shark, Miele, Tineco & More Vacuum Deals Tracked by The Consumer Post
- Best Security Camera Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals (2021): Top Nest & More Security Camera Savings Rounded Up by Consumer Articles
- OLED TV Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2021: Best 120Hz & 60Hz OLED 4K Smart TV Sales Ranked by Retail Fuse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!