Letko Brosseau Reiterates its Commitment to Transat A.T. Inc.
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MONTREAL, May 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ - Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc., an independent investment manager that exercises investment control or direction over approximately 12.4% of the shares of Transat A.T. Inc. ("Transat" or the "Company"), provides the following comments about the Company.
Letko Brosseau has been a shareholder of the Company for many years. Our firm has a long-term investment horizon and views the current challenges the Company faces as temporary. The Company has successfully completed a $700 million financing with the Government of Canada which is expected to provide the resources to deal with the business interruption experienced due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, as Canada completes its national vaccination program against COVID-19, travel will resume.
We are confident that the Company's strong franchise and capable management team will successfully navigate the Company through this crisis.
We therefore remain committed to Transat and will continue to remain a shareholder.
Letko Brosseau is a Canadian independent investment manager founded in 1987. The firm manages assets for institutional investors and private clients.
Certain information contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may include estimates, expectations, opinions, forecasts, projections, guidance or other statements that are not statements of fact. Although Letko Brosseau believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct. These statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties and may be based on assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements. Letko Brosseau's forward-looking statements are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as of the date hereof and Letko Brosseau does not assume any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise unless expressly required by applicable securities laws.
SOURCE Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SKT to Participate in E3 2021 to Showcase Exciting Korean Games
- IMBRUVICA® (ibrutinib) Plus VENCLEXTA®/VENCLYXTO® (venetoclax) Combination Shows Superior Progression-Free Survival Compared to Chlorambucil Plus Obinutuzumab in First-line Chronic Lymphocytic Leuk
- European Hematology Association: Overall Survival Benefit Established With Daratumumab Plus Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone (D-Rd) in Elderly Patients with Transplant-ineligible Newly Diagnosed Multipl
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!