Law Offices Of Gary R Carlin APC Adds Six Hedge Funds, Nine Brokers, And Thirteen Stocks To Robinhood Class Action
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONG BEACH, Calif., Feb. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- A class action lawsuit filed in California Southern District Court on January 28, 2021 has been amended to include six hedge fund companies worth billions of dollars, a total of ten online brokers who manipulated the stock market, and the thirteen stocks involved.
The various brokers and hedge funds allegedly conspired together to knowingly deprive retail investors of the ability to invest in the open market during an unprecedented stock rise, in order to benefit the hedge fund companies, such as Citadel, Melvin Capital, and Maple Lane Capital. The lawsuit alleges that the online brokers involved froze the everyday investors out to enable the hedge funds to stop losing money when the stocks rose in value.
The lawsuit continues to allege that Robinhood and nine other online brokers failed to provide duty of care to their customers and that they purposefully harmed their customers positions in GameStop Corp (NYSE: GME) and twelve other stocks, such as Blackberry, LTD (NYSE: BB), AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. (NYSE: AMC), Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK), Koss Corporation (NYSE: KOSS), and Naked Brand Group Ltd (NYSE: NAKD). The lawsuit is also alleging that Robinhood was recently fined $1.5M by the SEC, and a monitor has been assigned to watch their activities closely.
This class action is the first and only one to include all six hedge funds, all ten brokers, and all thirteen stocks.
The case is 3:21-cv-00167, Nordeen et al v. Robinhood Financial LLC et al.
The plaintiffs are represented by the Law Offices of Gary R Carlin APC, a Long Beach based law firm.
If you have suffered losses or damages related to this event and would like to join the class action, or if you have any questions, please contact the Law Offices of Gary R Carlin APC by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or through their website at: classactionlawsuitrobinhood.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/law-offices-of-gary-r-carlin-apc-adds-six-hedge-funds-nine-brokers-and-thirteen-stocks-to-robinhood-class-action-301223239.html
SOURCE Law Offices of Gary R Carlin APC
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Bulls Weigh in on 'Head Scratching' 180 Degree Turn By Musk on Bitcoin, One Analyst Still See the Crypto Heading to $4M
- Evoke Pharma (EVOK) Announces Vickie Reed to Board
- California Family Physicians Applaud Expansion of COVID-19 Vaccine to Adolescents
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesHedge Funds
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!