Laguna Residents First Appoints New Board Member Chris Catsimanes for Ballot Initiative Work
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif., Feb. 5, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Laguna Residents First (LRF), a residents' advocacy organization, just announced the appointment of a new member to its board.
Laguna Beach resident Chris Catsimanes was tapped to lead efforts to increase community awareness about LRF's ballot initiative, which would give Laguna Beach voters the right to approve or deny major commercial projects. Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and Dana Point have passed similar initiatives.
During the pandemic, the organization has been unable to commence signature gathering. However, it continues to work with land use attorneys, donors, and supporters.
"We're thrilled to welcome Chris to the board," said officer and co-founder David Raber. "His work ethic, collaborative style and grasp of the issues made this an easy decision. We look forward to moving things along with his help." Prior to retiring, Catsimanes was involved in both defense related and commercial organizations in design and management positions involving electronic systems.
The LRF ballot initiative pertains only to commercial projects within 750 feet of Coast Highway or Laguna Canyon Road. A vote would be triggered by projects larger than 22,000 square feet, adding more than 200 car trips a day or exceeding the city's 36-foot height limit, as well as other factors.
More details are available at: www.lagunaresidentsfirst.org
For additional information, contact Mike Morris at 562-412-2684
Laguna Residents First is a Political Action Committee. State of California PAC No. 1421491
SOURCE Laguna Residents First
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- 2022 Lexus ES: The Quintessential Luxury Sedan Is Refreshed Inside And Out
- Nokia to deploy indoor 5G small cells solutions with LG Uplus in South Korea
- Liquid now supports instant USD settlement on the Silvergate Exchange Network