LG Announces Up To Three OS Upgrades
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Pledge Reassures Current and Future Customers Following Announcement to Withdraw from Mobile Industry
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SEOUL, South Korea, April 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- LG Electronics announced that premium LG smartphones currently in use will receive up to three iterations of Android operating system upgrades.
This promise comes on the heels of Monday's announcement that LG will be exiting the mobile business by the end of July. The three OS upgrade commitment applies to LG premium phones released in 2019 and later (G series, V series, VELVET and Wing), while certain 2020 models such as LG Stylo and K series smartphones will receive two OS upgrades. (Future upgrades will depend on Google's distribution schedule, carrier requirements, as well as other factors such as device performance and compatibility.)
LG will continue to manufacture phones through the second quarter to meet contractual obligations to carriers and partners. This means customers can still purchase LG mobile phones currently in inventory. Service support and security software updates will continue to be provided for a period of time for certain devices.
About LG Electronics Inc. LG Electronics is a global innovator in technology and consumer electronics with a presence in almost every country and an international workforce of more than 75,000. LG's five companies – Home Appliance & Air Solution, Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Vehicle component Solutions and Business Solutions – combined for global sales of over USD 56 billion in 2020. LG is a leading manufacturer of consumer and commercial products ranging from TVs, home appliances, air solutions, mobile devices, monitors, service robots, automotive components and its premium LG SIGNATURE and intelligent LG ThinQ brands are familiar names world over. Visit www.LGnewsroom.com for the latest news.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TCV Acquisition Corp. Announces Pricing of $350,000,000 Initial Public Offering
- Glaucoma May Be More than Just an Issue of Eye Pressure
- Food Assistance Amid Emergency Responses: The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Awarded the 2021 INFORMS Edelman Award
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!