Japanese food-tech venture Next Meats gets listed on the first plant-based stock Index, VegTech Index
- Wall Street slides as virus spike hits travel stocks
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Boeing (BA) Down 3% After CFO - Aged 54 - Retires, Seen as an 'Odd' Move
- Tesla (TSLA): Problems in China Mounting as Communist Party Officials Ask Company to 'Respect Chinese Consumers and Comply with Local Laws'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
TOKYO, March 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Plant based business expert Elysabeth Alfano and vegan investor Sasha Goodman revealed the VegTech Index earlier this month, listing 21 globally operating environmentally conscious companies which are traded publicly.
In this Index the Japanese alternative meat manufacturer Next Meats Co. was listed, securing a spot along with Beyond Meat and Tesla. They are the only company listed from Japan, and is one of the eleven companies in the VegTech Index which is on the American OTC Market.
As warned in the original article, although Next Meats Co. has acquired an American SPAC, no deal has been concluded at this time and there are no shares of the company being traded under the ticker NXMH yet. However Next Meats is expanding its business rapidly, and their growth is definitely one to look out for.
About Next Meats
Next Meats is a food-tech venture company based in Tokyo, with the company mission "Not letting the Earth End". Their research began in 2017 and the company was officially founded in June of 2020. Next Meats is known for launching the world's first plant-based Japanese BBQ meats "NEXT Yakiniku" series as well as the plant-based Japanese beef bowl, "NEXT Gyudon". In December of 2020 they announced their partnership with Toyota-Tsusho Corporation, and in January of 2021 was listed on the American OTCBB.
In addition to the facilities in Japan, Next Meats has a production line in Vietnam and has also signed a joint development contract with Hung Yang Foods of Taiwan, and is rapidly expanding their business to the United States, Singapore, Italy, and other countries. They plan to research various types of alternative proteins in the future and aim to replace all animal meats by 2050.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/japanese-food-tech-venture-next-meats-gets-listed-on-the-first-plant-based-stock-index-vegtech-index-301250951.html
SOURCE Next Meats Co., Ltd.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Conco Services LLC Achieves Zero Recordable Incidents Two Years Consecutively and Names New Safety Director
- Mortgage Banker's Magazine Names Gershman Mortgage as a 2021 Top Mortgage Employer
- New Center for Children with Autism Opens Next Week
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!