International Association of LGBTQ+ Judges Congratulates NAWJ on Historic Resolution
- Futures lower after Tesla, IBM quarterly results
- Tesla (TSLA) Beats EPS and Revenue Views on Improving Gross Margins, Analysts Praise Very Solid Quarter But Warn of 'Aggressive Valuation' as Stock 'Priced to Perfection'
- Trump Media To Go Public Via $1.7 Billion SPAC Deal, Aims to Fight the Big Tech
- IBM (IBM) Stock Plunges 5% on Sales Miss, Q3 Results Seen as a Setback
- Oil hits multi-year high above $86, then pulls back
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
WASHINGTON, Oct. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Association of LGBTQ+ Judges applauds the National Association of Women Judges (NAWJ) for adopting a groundbreaking resolution "Barring Future NAWJ Conferences in Jurisdictions Where LGBTQ Protections Are Repealed or Where Discriminatory LGBTQ Laws are Enacted" at their annual conference in Nashville, on October 9, 2021.
The Resolution, which was shepherded through the governance process by NAWJ's LGBTQ Committee, sets a standard for all legal and judicial organizations to consider the personal safety and dignity of all its members when selecting conference or meeting sites. As announced by NAWJ President Elizabeth A. White, "At today's Annual Business Meeting, NAWJ affirmed the position we have always maintained namely, that we abhor discrimination of any kind, and we vow to continue to support all of our members without regard to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation."
LGBTQ+ Judges Vice President, Judge Kristin L. Rosi, who chairs NAWJ's LGBTQ Committee, praised the NAWJ's LGBTQ members and allies. "I am immensely proud of NAWJ's LGBTQ Committee members. Throughout the effort to ratify this Resolution, they have consistently demonstrated profound commitment to equal access and dignity for our LGBTQ+ judges. They have put their personal stories into the public sphere with courage, vulnerability and strength. I applaud and thank them all."
LGBTQ+ Judges President Judge Tara Flanagan of Alameda County, CA celebrated the Resolution's passage, remarking "As judicial officers, we must always consider access and fairness – especially within our own organizations. When judicial meetings are set in states with anti-LGBTQ statutes and "bathroom laws" that prohibit judges from being their authentic selves, or render them fearful of recrimination, we are all diminished. Brava NAWJ for adopting this Resolution and setting an example for all to follow."
Judge Tara FlanaganPresident, International Association of LGBTQ+ Judges email@example.com
For Comment/Inquiry please contact: 510-690-2959
SOURCE National LGBTQ+ Bar Association
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- O'Neil Digital Solutions Secures Leadership Position in Aspire's CCM-CXM Service Provider Leaderboard
- inHEART appoints industry veteran Todor Jeliaskov as new CEO to drive commercial growth
- FlexSculpt: A Revolutionary New Procedure from Goals Plastic Surgery
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!