Hunter Street Partners Names Former General Mills CIO and Treasurer Marie Pillai as a Senior Advisor
- Wall Street ends first day of third quarter with solid rebound
- Tesla (TSLA) Delivered 254,695 EV Units in Q2, Below Consensus
- Goldman Sachs Warns Clients of More Equity Market Losses in Second Half of 2022
- Kohl's (KSS) Falls 15% After Ending Sale Talks With Franchise Group and Issuing Q2 Warning
- General Motors Warns It Has 95k Vehicles in Inventory Without Certain Components
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 11, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Hunter Street Partners ("Hunter Street"), a Minneapolis-based alternative investment management firm, is pleased to announce that Marie Pillai has joined Hunter Street Partners as a Senior Advisor. Ms. Pillai, who most recently served as General Mills' Vice President, Chief Investment Officer and Treasurer before retiring in 2019, is a valuable addition to the firm's expanded Senior Advisor team, which provides guidance and insights to further the growth of Hunter Street.
Ms. Pillai has had a distinguished career over three decades managing multibillion-dollar investment portfolios and leading financial and operational teams at Fortune 500 companies. During her time at General Mills, she oversaw a well-diversified portfolio encompassing overfunded pension, 401k, healthcare and foundation assets. Prior to that, Ms. Pillai was Vice President and Chief Investment Officer of Siemens, managing and overseeing all aspects of their pension and 401(k) plan assets. She began her career at Procter & Gamble, taking leadership roles across category management, international operations, systems, brands, manufacturing and global retirement plan asset management during her 16-year tenure.
"We're excited to have a proven leader of Marie's caliber join our firm as Senior Advisor, and we look forward to her input and insights as we continue to build a leading alternative investment management firm," said Neal Johnson, CEO and CIO of Hunter Street. "Her expertise in overseeing institutional portfolios will complement the ongoing guidance we receive from the existing members of our Senior Advisor team, particularly as we continue to build out our portfolio and team to deliver differentiated investment exposures to LPs."
Hunter Street's Senior Advisor team provides guidance to the firm on its investment strategy, internal operations, business development, and transactions.
Other Senior Advisor team members include:
- Steve Adams, Senior Distinguished Fellow at University of St. Thomas School of Law and Former Partner & General Counsel, Wayzata Investment Partners
- Van Zandt Hawn, Former Managing Director and Founder, Goldner Hawn Johnson & Morrison, Inc.
- Jeff Stolt, Former Partner & CFO, Pine River Capital Management, and
- Justin Lepone, Former Partner and Director of Partner Relations at Greenlight Capital
Ms. Pillai serves on non-profit investment boards including the University of Minnesota, Catholic Community Foundation, the Bush Foundation, and the Archdiocese of Minneapolis & St Paul. She also served on the Board of Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis and chaired its Investment Committee for six years. Ms. Pillai holds a Bachelor's degree from St Xavier's College in India and an MBA from Case Western University in finance and marketing. She also earned her Master's in international economics from Temple University.
ABOUT HUNTER STREET PARTNERS
Hunter Street Partners is a Minneapolis-based alternative investment management firm that provides capital solutions to operating partner teams and lower middle market companies across corporate finance, real estate, and specialty finance. The firm is focused on fundamentals-driven, asset-oriented credit and equity opportunities. Learn more about Hunter Street Partners at www.hunterst.com.
Investor Contact Peter Hommeyer [email protected] Operating Partner Contact Andrew Platt [email protected] Media Contact Zach Kouwe / Shree Dhond Dukas Linden Public Relations [email protected]551-655-4032
SOURCE Hunter Street Partners
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chubb Life Appoints Jack Chang to Lead Newly Acquired Life Insurance Operations of Cigna in Taiwan
- Bring health back home for pennies on the dollar!
- ‘MACH adoption is the only way forward for the future of ecommerce’, warns customer experience expert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesGreenlight Capital, David Einhorn, Pine River Capital Management
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!