Hoffa: Biden Health Care Executive Orders Expand Affordability, Services
- Wall Street rebounds after two-day decline; Netflix slides
- Netflix (NFLX) Plunges Following Q1 Sub Miss, But One Analyst Sees Chance to Turn Bullish
- Oil prices drop on U.S. crude build, COVID-19 surge in India
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Q1 Beat Prompts Two Street Upgrades
- U.S. dollar losses bounce after Canada tips toward higher rates
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
WASHINGTON, Jan. 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a statement from Teamsters General President Jim Hoffa on two executive orders signed by President Biden that lower the cost and expand the availability of health care services for many hardworking Americans.
"While the Teamsters do an excellent job of ensuring that its members receive quality health insurance benefits through negotiated contracts, that unfortunately is not the case for some U.S. workers. Obamacare was a start to broaden the availability of health care, but the Trump administration chipped away at it. These new orders will begin to turn the tide back.
"Those lacking health insurance will get another chance in the coming weeks to sign up for it. Additionally, the Biden administration is directing federal agencies to re-examine policies that undermine health care affordability, the insurance marketplace and availability for people with pre-existing conditions.
"The U.S. is in the middle of a health crisis. Government must do more to ensure working Americans – especially essential workers – have the access they need. This is a start."
Founded in 1903, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter @Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters.
Contact:Ted Gotsch, (703) 899-0869 email@example.com
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hoffa-biden-health-care-executive-orders-expand-affordability-services-301217732.html
SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Arcline Investment Management Acquires Electric Power Systems and North American Substation Services
- Civista Bancshares, Inc. Announces Share Repurchase Program
- Marathon to Participate in the H.C. Wainwright Cryptocurrency, Blockchain & FinTech Conference on April 27, 2021