Healogics® 2021 The Year of Healing Program Focuses on Foot Health to Help Prevent Chronic Wounds and Support National Foot Health Awareness Month Throughout April
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Healogics®, the nation's leading provider of world-class wound care, as part of their 2021 The Year of Healing program, is spreading awareness of the importance of foot health to prevent wounds and the need for regular foot screening to detect non-healing wounds. Throughout April, Healogics team members will reach out to healthcare providers within their communities to encourage foot screenings and provide useful patient-focused educational resources.
Nearly 7 million Americans are living with a chronic wound, including 2 million who are living with diabetic foot ulcers. The longer a chronic or non-healing wound goes without proper treatment, the greater the chance of infection, hospitalization or even amputation.
- Approximately 80% of lower extremity amputations are preceded by a foot ulceration.
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some people living with chronic wounds have delayed seeking care for their wounds, leading to a sharp rise in the number of amputations. Dr. William Ennis, Healogics Chief Medical Officer, has identified through global publication research that the impact of COVID-19 has led to an increase of 40% to 50% in amputations when comparing equal time frames in 2020 versus 2019. Also, highlighting the importance to screen for non-healing wounds during Telehealth visits.
The Healogics Foot Health campaign is part of the year-long 2021 The Year of Healing program, dedicated to empowering both patients and healthcare providers with resources to help improve health, heal wounds and prevent amputations.
About HealogicsHeadquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., Healogics is the nation's wound healing expert. Last year over 300,000 patients received advanced wound care through a network of over 600 Wound Care Centers. Healogics also partners with over 300 skilled nursing facilities to care for patients with chronic wounds and provides inpatient consults at more than 60 partner hospitals. As the industry leader, Healogics has the largest repository of chronic wound-specific patient data in the country. The Healogics Wound Science Initiative offers peer-reviewed research and advanced analytics in the pursuit of not only better outcomes, but a better way to provide care.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/healogics-2021-the-year-of-healing-program-focuses-on-foot-health-to-help-prevent-chronic-wounds-and-support-national-foot-health-awareness-month-throughout-april-301258836.html
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Elevation Oncology Announces the Presentation of New Preclinical Data in Pancreatic and Cholangiocarcinoma PDX Models on the Specific Inhibition of HER3 with Seribantumab to Block NRG1 Fusion Signalin
- NuCana Announces Five Poster Presentations at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2021
- Harpoon Therapeutics Announces Data from Poster Presentations at the AACR Annual Meeting 2021