HSA Group partners with Yemen's Ministry of Water and Environment and the Environment Protection Authority to tackle climate vulnerability and build resilience
- S&P 500 edges lower as investors hold their breath ahead of economic data
- BofA lifts S&P 500's year-end target to 5,400
- Goldman Sachs: Today's growth stock rally is unlike 90's tech bubble
- Apple hit with $2 billion EU antitrust fine in Spotify case, will appeal
- JPMorgan's Kolanovic says 'accumulating' market froth may keep rates higher for longer
- HSA Group and
Yemen'sMinistry of Water and Environment sign the country's first climate action partnership at COP28.
- HSA Group and
Yemen'sEnvironment Protection Authority and Climate Change Unit will work together to develop new, innovative projects and programmes that promote and support climate change mitigation goals and increase the country's resilience to climate change.
Through the first climate action partnership between
This action is urgent as the consequences of climate change are already acute in
As the national focal point of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its multilateral climate finance mechanisms, the EPA is responsible for coordinating climate projects in
Under the agreement:
- HSA Group will receive support to further integrate and implement policies in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the 2015 Paris Agreement.
- The EPA and CCU will support the accreditation of HSA Group with multilateral climate funds, which will provide direct access to climate finance allocations.
- A mechanism will be developed for HSA Group to co-finance projects to support climate resilience in line with the procedures outlined by the climate funds.
- Capacity will be developed within both organisations to enable close collaboration and coordination on joint programmes, such as the establishment of low-emission infrastructure throughout HSA Group's Yemeni operations and supply chain, which may serve as an example for
Yemen'sprivate sector to follow.
"We are delighted to be partnering with
"The private sector has a fundamental role to play in mitigating the impacts of climate change and leveraging its expertise and capabilities to transform
"As the largest private company in
Mr.Taofig Alshargby, Minister of Water and Environment,
"Climate change is a critical issue in
"Through the new effective coordination mechanism, HSA Group, the Ministry of Water and Environment and the Environment Protection Authority hope to set a precedent to help encourage and drive action on climate change in
Notes to editors
About HSA Group
Hayel Saeed Anam (HSA) Group was established in
As a key player in global trade networks, HSA Group is the parent organisation for over 70 operating companies. The Group's commercial activities include producing market-leading food and beverage brands, packaging, household goods and healthcare products, importing and manufacturing essential foodstuffs and commodities.
In its work to support diverse development and humanitarian initiatives in the
The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) is a public entity established based on law no: 101 in 2005. EPA is the national institution responsible for all the environmental issues in
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hsa-group-partners-with-yemens-ministry-of-water-and-environment-and-the-environment-protection-authority-to-tackle-climate-vulnerability-and-build-resilience-302008606.html
SOURCE HSA Group
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SOLLUM TECHNOLOGIES LIGHTS UP INDOOR AG-CON WITH CHARITABLE INNOVATION, PLEDGING SUPPORT TO THREE SQUARE FOOD BANK
- Haemonetics Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Attune Medical
- Averna and Gotion Forge Strategic Collaboration for Advanced Battery Manufacturing and Testing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!