Groundswell Fund Announces Yamani Yansá Hernandez as Its Next CEO
- S&P, Dow eke out another record closing high as Nvidia momentum endures
- Goldman Sachs no longer expects Fed rate cut in May - reports
- Stocks eke out gain as Nvidia rally slows, yields slip
- Oil ends lower, posts weekly decline as US rate cut hopes dim
- Dollar index on track for first weekly fall this year
Seasoned Organization Development Leader Takes Helm as Groundswell Enters Its 20th Year
"As the new CEO of Groundswell Fund, I am excited to harness the power of my lived experience and identities to create a world where a multi-racial feminist democracy becomes a reality," said Hernandez. "This work is sacred and has lineage - Groundswell started as an intervention to interrupt the status quo in philanthropy. I am ready to ask funders and thought leaders in the philanthropic sector to give more than they think they can do."
Hernandez comes to Groundswell Fund having served as its interim CEO for the past year. Under her leadership, Groundswell Fund distributed
As a former partner at the Management Center, Hernandez coached some of the country's most respected social justice leaders. In 2015, she became the National Network of Abortion Funds' first Black executive director. She led the organization through one of the worst anti-abortion presidencies, a global pandemic, and racial justice uprisings. She grew the member technical assistance and advocacy organization for 100 grassroots organizations from a team of 12 to 60 staff and a budget from
"Yamani comes to Groundswell Fund at a critical time in our twenty-year history," said
Hernandez takes the helm as CEO at a time when Groundswell Fund is expected to exceed its Blueprint goal of moving
Hernandez uses she/they pronouns, is a Black, Queer, intersex, child sexual assault survivor from the Midwest. She has had an abortion, a miscarriage, and has two children. Hear directly from Yamani in a newly released video here.
About Groundswell Fund
Groundswell Fund strengthens
SOURCE Groundswell Fund
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- After a successful Series B fundraising round from Seoul Clinical Laboratories (Korea), Standard Foods and and AWS cloud services representative GrandTech C.G. Systems (Taiwan), H2U secured over 10 mi
- SIGNIFICANCE APPLAUDS THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (USMC) ON ITS AUDIT OPINION
- Ancient Street Illuminated with Colorful Lanterns, Brightening the Lantern Festival
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!