Groundbreaking ceremony in Blomberg: Phoenix Contact builds an energy-efficient facility for machine building
- Stocks tumble on new coronavirus variant fear
- Moderna (MRNA) Shares Rally 11% on 'Nu' Concerns, Analyst Sees mRNA Technology Adapting Much Quicker to New COVID Variant
- DiDi (DIDI) Stock Falls on Report China Seeks Delisting From US Amid Data Security Concerns
- Apple (AAPL) on Pace to Sell Over 10 Million iPhones for Black Friday - Wedbush
- Buy Tech Winners on Variant Fears - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BLOMBERG, Germany, Oct. 24, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- August 24, 2021 marked the groundbreaking for the new building that Phoenix Contact will build at the end of the Flachsmarktstraße by 2023.
"Technology plays a key role in mastering the challenges of the future. And this technology will be created here, at this location, in an industrial hall that can compete with the best," announced Frank Stührenberg, CEO of Phoenix Contact, as he kicked off the construction work. "We think on an international level, but Blomberg is and will remain the very heart of our company."
The new building will consolidate all the machine building units currently scattered around the Blomberg site, bringing them together in one place. The 18,500 m² site provides space for a production area, offices, and a canteen. In the future, 400 employees will work here. Energy efficiency was a top priority during the planning. Along with the high insulation standard of the building enclosure, heat recovery via a ventilation system and air compressors, and highly efficient plant technology, a photovoltaic system of more than 750 KWp will be installed on the roof. This way, a large portion of the energy demand can be covered by green electricity. The heart of the heating and cooling system is an ice storage tank that will provide the energy for the heat pumps, a technology that utilizes the high amount of energy released by freezing water in order to support heating. The ice that forms in this process can be used for low-cost cooling. "When the system is combined with solar collectors for the ice tank, we can store regenerative energy at a low temperature level without any losses," Stührenberg explains. "This is yet another building block for increasing our share of self-generated energy from renewable sources."
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/groundbreaking-ceremony-in-blomberg-phoenix-contact-builds-an-energy-efficient-facility-for-machine-building-301401792.html
SOURCE Phoenix Contact
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LATAM Airlines Group Files Plan of Reorganization, with Support of Key Stakeholders, Paving the Way for Strengthened Capital Structure and Long-Term Sustainability
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday KitchenAid Mixer Deals (2021): Top Stand, Hand, Artisan & Professional Mixer Savings Compiled by Consumer Articles
- Varsity Campus Awarded Management of Two Student Housing Communities at Auburn University
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!