Fintech Provider ParagonEX Goes Green
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ONCHAN, Isle of Man, April 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial technology leader ParagonEX announced today that it aims to move hosting of all its services to carbon-neutral hosting sites in order to mitigate their effect on the environment.
ParagonEX has come to terms with the fact that its trading servers, as well as other hosted services it offers to customers, has a significant carbon footprint which can be offset or avoided.
As part of a two-year plan to go completely green, a variety of hosting services were looked into and a final decision was made resulting in seamless switching between current and future hosting service.
Simon Duggan, ParagonEX's CEO said: "We need to be socially responsible in our actions, both on the trading/customer-facing side and on the global responsibility side. One cannot ignore the fact that high electricity consumption has a detrimental effect on the environment, and companies must take responsibility for minimizing their carbon footprint."
He added saying "Considering the medium and long-term plan ParagonEX has and the increased visibility we are expecting due to the above, these moves are not only needed for us, but will also serve as an example for other companies in our field".
ParagonEX is an Isle of Man-based financial technology company established in 2008 with the goal of providing an off-the-shelf, robust trading platform and a back-office solution to brokers. Committed to creating a secure umbrella solution for brokerage firms, irrespective of their size, ParagonEX has become the technology provider of choice for CFD trading globally. Its solutions are today in use throughout Europe, Australia, and the Middle East. For more information, please visit paragonex.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CAIR to Media Outlets: Stop Calling Israeli Attacks on Palestinians Protesting Ethnic Cleansing and Apartheid 'Clashes' - #SaveSheikhJarrah
- ISLE 2021 to open in Shenzhen World on May 10, in China's LED Production Hub
- ProfNet Expert Alerts for May 07, 2021
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!