Ferguson Pyatt Selected as Architect for Colorado's First Charter School on Tribal Land
- S&P, Nasdaq end at records as inflation data supports rate cut view
- Salesforce rolls out first-ever dividend as Q4 results, guidance beat estimates
- Equities gain on in-line US inflation, Treasury yields dip
- Snowflake Q4 results top estimates; CEO retires
- SEC investigating whether OpenAI misled investors in Altman saga- WSJ
The new Kwiyagat Community Academy building for grades K–5 will be a historic center of learning for the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe community.
Making History Among Colorado's Schools
Established in 2021, Kwiyagat Community Academy (KCA) is historically significant as the first public charter school on a Native American reservation in
The KCA fulfills the tribe's decades-long desire to educate children on their own land. Open to both tribal and non-tribal children, the school is authorized by the Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) of
"When a tribe's traditions and language are taught and practiced by the next generation, the community becomes enriched with a profound sense of identity, unity, and legacy," said
Building Education into the Architecture of the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
The new 21,000-square-foot school building is expected to be complete in
In addition to traditional classrooms, the school will include a media center, multi-purpose kitchen and dining area, and gymnasium, as well as additional outdoor amenities, including play spaces, outdoor classrooms, and garden areas. Future planning will allow for the construction of middle and high schools, along with the building of a multigenerational community center, library and language lab, vocational training center, meeting spaces, and gardens, among other programs.
Designing with Community
"We are honored to have been selected to design the Kwiyagat Community Academy's new facility," said
In 2021, the firm completed a 17,000-square-foot intergenerational cultural incubator for the Lower Sioux Indian Community in partnership with BNIM Architects, which houses classrooms, art studios, a teaching kitchen, and community meeting spaces. Ongoing projects include the Waniyetu Wowapi Lakota Youth Arts & Culture Institute in
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ferguson-pyatt-selected-as-architect-for-colorados-first-charter-school-on-tribal-land-302008332.html
SOURCE Ferguson Pyatt Architects, Inc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jacobio Pharma Receives IND Approval for P53 Y220C Activator JAB-30300 in the U.S.
- Elliptic Labs Signs New Expansion License Contract with Global Top-5 Smartphone Customer Transsion
- Adenia Partners Announces Acquisition of the Courier Guy to Enhance Last-Mile Delivery Services in South Africa
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesPRNewswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!